Horror Fans... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Default Horror Fans...

Does anybody else believe that there should be a pretty descent amount of horror released this fall in time for Halloween. By then, will be over 2 years old and I would love to see some classic horror in high def. Which horror film are you looking forward to seeing on ? I would love to see Suspiria, the colors in that film would just pop!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSireeBob View Post
I would love to see Suspiria, the colors in that film would just pop!
I agree. I'd love to see either Anchor Bay or Blue Underground give Susperia the Blu-Ray attention that it deserves! While they're at it they might as well throw in a couple more Dario Argento movies... and a few Lucio Fulci films to top it off.

CC
Old 03-20-2008, 04:06 PM

Doubt Susperia will see the light of day being all subtitley and with the Remake now confirmed... prolly won't get released until that hits DVD.

GINGER SNAPS TRILOGY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 04:12 PM

I know this might be considered sacrilegde by all of you but I want SCREAM! hahahahaha....it is one of my guilty pleasures Although to be honest I'm not much for classic horror and lean more toward the slasher flicks.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 PM

I think we'll likely see some Asian horror soon.
Audition would be nice.The Original Ringu films,One Missed Call, St John's Wort,Wishing Stairs,Marebito,Infection,Art of the Devil ,Two Sisters etc.
In north american stuff i'd like to see the Exorcist films,Hellraiser series,Rawhead Rex,Pumpkinhead,Omen series.
I like some of the old Eurotrash horror stuff but what was considered 'bannable' back then is pg13 nowadays.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:23 PM

I want Scream and Final Destination trilogy box sets. Also, I Know What You Did Last Summer, its sequel(s), Halloween: H20, and some of the 80s classics would be much appreciated.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfixx View Post
I agree. I'd love to see either Anchor Bay or Blue Underground give Susperia the Blu-Ray attention that it deserves! While they're at it they might as well throw in a couple more Dario Argento movies... and a few Lucio Fulci films to top it off.

CC
You're probably correct. If I'm not mistaken the DVD rights to Suspiria now belong to The Weinstein Company. If you people love Suspiria then you need to check out the stuff done by Mario Bava. He was a direct influence upon Dario Argento and many Western horror films are influenced by his work.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:29 PM

Tenebre is another Dario Argento good horror film.

I would like to see

The LOst Boys
Fright Night
The Exorcist
Trilogy OF Terror (just for that last episode "Amelia" with the African Doll)
Old 03-20-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Bliss View Post
Tenebre is another Dario Argento good horror film.

I would like to see

The LOst Boys
Fright Night
The Exorcist
Trilogy OF Terror (just for that last episode "Amelia" with the African Doll)
Deep Red and Opera would be nice.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:35 PM

inb4tons_of_puppies

Back on topic, though: I agree that some Asian Horror films would be incredible on Blu-ray.