My Sweet Deal - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 AM

Default My Sweet Deal

Last week I did an online price match and bought White Noise 2 on HD DVD for $17 at Best Buy. The sticker price is $29.99. Today I took it back to the store unopened and my friend who works at customer service gave me back the full $29.99. Then, while I was at BB, I picked up I Am legend and matched Wal-mart's online price for $18. Its original sticker price is $34.99. Then at Wal-mart I picked up Enchanted for $14.99 using the coupon I got from this forum. Its original price is $24.99. So not only did I get two brand new releases for around $32 combined, but I still have about $10 free leftover on a Best Buy gift card. Go me!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Formerly peterhefer1

Thumbs down

go you....
Old 03-19-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhefer1 View Post
go you....
Perfect summation.

This is not white-collar crime, it's nerd-collar crime!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhefer1 View Post
go you....

hahaha

P'WND!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:19 AM

Carrie, I think it is about time to get an occupation.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 AM

I'm confused!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsLikePink View Post
I'm confused!
your confused? No body really cares to hear about your ripping stores off and coming here to brag about it. Seeing that you noted your "buddy" giving you the full refund you insinuate that you two had previously worked something out. This is illegal and against store policies.

So for future reference, keep these deals to yourself.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash View Post
your confused? No body really cares to hear about your ripping stores off and coming here to brag about it. Seeing that you noted your "buddy" giving you the full refund you insinuate that you two had previously worked something out. This is illegal and against store policies.

So for future reference, keep these deals to yourself.
Nooo. This wasn't planned at all. I wanted White Noise 2 (and still do). I just hadn't gotten around to watching it yet and wanted I Am Legend more but couldn't afford it. I'm not bragging about ripping off Best Buy, which I know is illegal. I had no intention of getting back a full refund. I thought I was going to get back the $17.99 I paid for it, which would have been almost an even exchange for I Am Legend with the Wal-mart price match, but she didn't even ask for my receipt. What I'm "bragging" about, if anything, is that I got two movies for less than the sticker price of one, which anybody here could do as well. This thread has nothing to do with a job, illegal activity, or bragging. I was just happy that I got two new releases for so cheap, which I got because of this forum.

The $10 left over is incidental. Should I go talk to a manager, explain to them what happened, and risk getting my friend fired because she didn't ask for my receipt and I wasn't paying attention? That would seem a bit foolish to me, but I can do that if what I did was really that illegal. I doubt that it was, and I don't really understand the condescending and holier than thou attitudes I'm getting in this thread. I'm sure there are lots of people here, who in their quest to save and get deals, have done illegal activities purposefully and by accident. The difference between them and me is that they didn't get "P'WND!!!!" - I did. Whatever the hell that means.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:23 PM

Hey man, i'm not dogging you in anyway. The more you can save with hdm the better, just trying to let you know how I and prob most people took it.

Have fun watching!

-Cody
Old 03-19-2008, 02:47 PM

Since when does Best Buy return a DVD without a receipt?...

Anyway the list price for WN2 is $26.98 and the selling price -30% for the closeout sale is $20.99, yet your friend gave you $29.99 back for it?... Somehow I doubt if you were returning it to someone whom didn't know you would not have the same outcome... But like someone already said, keep things like this to yourself...