I am Legend alternate ending opinion's **SPOILER**! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 AM

Default I am Legend alternate ending opinion's **SPOILER**!

I just finnished watching the movie and I started with the alternate first. I didnt think after going back and watching the original that it was bad to begin with other than the fact that will dies. Well obviously in the alternate this does not happen leaving the door open for a possible sequel, I cant beleive that he actually was able to stand next to these creatures without being eaten alive. Basicly I think the new ending leaves the door open for an almost imperative sequel to find out exactly what happened next but I highly doubt it. By the way if your wondering the PQ/AQ is 5 star hands down, it was Tier 0 for sure. I would love to hear what everyone thinks. And also if anybody wants to I guess you can describe the new ending since the spoiler warning was at the top.

Actually I will briefly do it myself. Well when the zombie boss starts to break the glass/door Will realizes its a matter of time, and all of a sudden the zombia puts his hands that are dirty and wet on the glass and with this palm and finger makes the figure of a butterfly. Will realizes hes after the girl zombie that will had been testing the entire movie because she has the tatoo on her. She ask him what are you doing will, and he answer the same comments " Im Listening " he takes the girl and pushes her out in ther bed and Ana and the boy close the door behind will.

Will then slowly tells the zombie boss if you will that he must give her a shot ( He's harrassed by all the zombies surrounding him ) but gives her the shot witch revives the female zombie. The zombie who is presumably the husband of the zombie that was held by will screams at will and will says Im sorry. THey pick her up and bounce. Then the next scene is will and Ana and the boy driving to maryland while the radio in the car says the typical radio broadcast that will does in the movie only that is in ana's voice and basicly says .. You are not alone Blah Blah Blah! they drive out of the city in the aparent only bridge let in the city and then the credits roll. Smells like sequel to me and I hope I discribed it as best I could.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:27 AM

I prefer the original theatrical ending. It gives a sense of closure. I think the movie was to short however. the ending came to fast. In 3 years time you would think with military access his home defense system would've been better. He should've had his entire house equipped with UV backups. motion sensor guns outside, mines, ect.. just saying.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:29 AM

Personally I preferred the alternate cut, as it alludes very slightly to the original ending of the book. In the book the infected are intelligent and developing a new society, which in the end is why they kill Neville for murdering so many of their kind.

In the film's alternate cut the camera dwells on the photos Neville has on his lab wall of all the infected he has experimented on and killed, then of course the infected leaders shows he still has intelligence and feelings by not killing Neville and taking his wife/gf back.

It's still not a patch on the book's amazing end sequence, but it's better than the usual Hollywood bombastic nonsense in the original movie ending. Quite why they just couldn't use the book's ending though I'll never know.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 AM

I picking it up tonight, Steel Book BD @ Future Shop. LOL

I went ahead and watched the AE, couldn't wait and I prefer the Theatrical Cut, why...

Quote:
In the book the infected are intelligent and developing a new society
I never read the Book, never will but this is my problem with it, why I prefer the Theatrical.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bembol View Post
I never read the Book, never will but this is my problem with it, why I prefer the Theatrical.
Your loss, and sad as you are missing the entire point of the book's story.

The theatrical cut turned an intelligent story into a mindless zombie movie.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
Your loss, and sad as you are missing the entire point of the book's story.

The theatrical cut turned an intelligent story into a mindless zombie movie.

I agree. The book is barely a hundred pages. Oh well, I guess books are like kryptonite to some folk.

That ending sounds horrible--it doesn't matter, I hated this film with a passion, that it got the honor of being tied for first in the worst films of '07 on my list.

Yuck.

-cheez avenger
Old 03-18-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Odin View Post
I prefer the original theatrical ending. It gives a sense of closure. I think the movie was to short however. the ending came to fast. In 3 years time you would think with military access his home defense system would've been better. He should've had his entire house equipped with UV backups. motion sensor guns outside, mines, ect.. just saying.
Yes totally I forgot to mention that it was a very short movie. And yeah I like the idea that will was already starting to realize that the zombies were starting to change their behaviour witch was kind of a scary thought.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:53 PM

I thought the Omega Man was more entertaining.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:45 PM

Absolutely hated the alternate ending and scenes. First and foremost, the negatives I have with this movie all revolve around the lame CGI they overused. I understand creating a new breed of villans that are agile and quick, but why use CGI when a human actor would be much more effective?

Looking at 28 days and weeks later. These movies are probably the most haunting movies to me because the sense of realism is so fully realized. I think Legend would benefit from it. I found everything else about the movie to be top notch.

I normally don't agree with critics but the third act was a bit downhill. I did not enjoy Anna and her son's intrusion of this movie. It just didnt feel right. Almost as if they ran out of ideas and suddenly just threw in an escape plan in the night. I did not read the book or at all familiar with it so these opinions are just based off of the movie
Old 03-18-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhileingFunkie View Post
why use CGI when a human actor would be much more effective?
Because human actors can't hyperventilate like that for more than a few seconds.