Heyy Babyy Pics - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-17-2008, 11:08 PM

Default Heyy Babyy Pics

I decided to post some pictures of this movie because I feel like a few people would like to see them... so here you go. I ordered on March 5th and they didn't get it in stock until a week later and it took another 5 days to arrive.

pardon the size, don't know how to resize. I don't have a good audio setup so i can't rate the audio, but i skipped a few chapters into the movie and it looks very good. a little three-dimensional and has a good color pallete. I didn't watch the movie yet so i cant really rate the video either.

Review

Well I just got done watching the movie and I wouldn't say it is a great movie, but it was worth the 2 hours and 24 minutes. It tells the story of three best friends who have known a lot of women and one day, a baby is left on their front step. At first they resent it, but then they grow to love it. All was good and dandy, until the woman that left the baby at the doorstep shows up with the police a few (months?) later demanding the baby back, now I won't go into too much detail. But it is not a very deep movie, but still satisfactory. I give it a 3/5.

The picture quality is very good. Vibrant colors, with rich blacks and a three-dimensional pop to the whole thing. It would be a 5 star transfer if not for these random white "scratch" looking marks that show up often, but not too often to ruin the movie. I don't know if the problem is with my disc or the original film the discs were minted from so I would appreciate if someone else with this BD could state whether or not they see these same white scratch. I give it a 3.75/5, marking off for the scratches.

I don't have a good audio setup so I can't rate that, sorry.

Haven't watched the supplements, but they are listed on the High-Def Digest disc details page.

I would consider this a must buy for fans of this movie. If you haven't seen this movie and you are a fan of Bollywood's comedy films I would whole-heartedly recommend this. For the movie watcher who hasn't seen any Bollywood films I wouldn't recommend this as a first one to watch, but it is worth a look.

**Writer's Note: This is my first review, so please point out what I did wrong so I can fix on future attempts at reviewing

Last edited by Rise Against; 03-18-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:13 PM

So is this like the indian "Three Men and a Baby"? Because outside of posting the cover art, you gave absolutely zero information of relevance to the movie itself. Unless, of course, you think all we care about is staring at blu-ray cases. If you're going to post a thread about a movie, dive into it a bit.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:36 PM

That cover is just a bit disturbing.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:40 PM

Since when have pacifers become a fetish?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:47 AM

I thought it was a bad typo but that's the actual title.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:04 AM

What's the deal with the whole "Bollywood" thing anyway? I know India produces alot of films and their economy is rising, but I havent heard anything about any of the films themselves. Have there been any notable films that are worth watching that appeal to a global audience? I ask this because from what I've heard the whole bollywood thing caters to a niche market, kinda like the Mexican TeleNovelas.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:23 AM

After watching the film please do let us know about the film and the quality of the transfer both PQ/AQ ...
Old 03-18-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
So is this like the indian "Three Men and a Baby"? Because outside of posting the cover art, you gave absolutely zero information of relevance to the movie itself. Unless, of course, you think all we care about is staring at blu-ray cases. If you're going to post a thread about a movie, dive into it a bit.
I just thought if you cared enough to click on this page you would have already known what the movie was about. Yes it is like the Indian "Three Men and a Baby". It takes place in Autrailia and tells the story of three "players" that have to settle down thanks to a baby girl being left on their doorstep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh TX View Post
What's the deal with the whole "Bollywood" thing anyway? I know India produces alot of films and their economy is rising, but I havent heard anything about any of the films themselves. Have there been any notable films that are worth watching that appeal to a global audience? I ask this because from what I've heard the whole bollywood thing caters to a niche market, kinda like the Mexican TeleNovelas.
Well I am of Indian descent so I guess after years of watching these movies forcefully and after watching a few that actually appealed to me (Dhoom, Lagaan, Rang De Basanti) they just grew on me...They definitely aren't for everyone. Another thing is that all Indian movies are musicals.

I will leave PQ impressions later today after I watch it.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:03 PM

lol that cover is hilarious.. Let us know how the movie is, PQ AQ and story.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Against View Post

Well I am of Indian descent so I guess after years of watching these movies forcefully and after watching a few that actually appealed to me (Dhoom, Lagaan, Rang De Basanti) they just grew on me...They definitely aren't for everyone. Another thing is that all Indian movies are musicals.
That's interesting. I may have to rent one of these and watch it, but it will probably have to be something a bit more action oriented than this to catch my interest, though I am mildly curious how a Indian 3 Men And A Baby would be. While stationed in the middle east I saw quite a few Egyptian films but I don't think they played any Indian stuff.