Jack Ryan Collection???? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Default Jack Ryan Collection????

Just wondering when people think that the Jack Ryan Collection will be released as a boxed set on bluray? And will the bluray editions have the "extras" that the out of print HD DVD version never had?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 AM

Paramount hasn't decided how or when they're going to transition to Blu-ray.

When they do, I would not count on the Blu-ray having any of those bonus features. They weren't dropped from the HD DVD for space issues, but because Paramount made a decision that they didn't want to put any features on those discs.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:50 AM

My assumption is that any movie that already has an HD encode will make its way to BD.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:13 PM

I thought I remember reading that Paramount had the release ready to go as both bluray and hd dvd, then pulled the bluray release at the last minute to make it a HD DVD exclusive?

Can't imagine that there is much work left to ship the bluray version?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristottle View Post
I thought I remember reading that Paramount had the release ready to go as both bluray and hd dvd, then pulled the bluray release at the last minute to make it a HD DVD exclusive?

That's correct, but considering the very checkered history of this collection, I wouldn't mind if it never sees the light of day (but that is just me).
Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 PM

Considering that Paramount - and especially Dreamworks Animation - seemed to be only interested in publishing HD optical when another company paid for everything... I'm not holding my breath for anything from these guys.

Big hits like Indiana Jones or Iron Man that'll see pretty well, likely. $100 catalog box sets with limited sales volume? Probably not so much. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristottle View Post

You're assuming that they didn't recycle all their previously manufactured copies when they decided not to release them.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.