'The Untouchables' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-21-2007, 03:01 AM
PeterB

Default 'The Untouchables' -- pre-release buzz

Paramount has announced another couple of catalog titles for Blu-ray, 'The Untouchables' as well as 'The Warriors'

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ay,_HD_DVD/529

Really excited about both!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 AM

I hate being negative, but for me Paramount is the absolute worse of the HD studios (yes, even worse than Fox). They are giving every BD release the BD25, MPEG2, DD5.1 treatment and it feels like they are making the least effort of all the HD studios. I can live with high bitrate MPEG2 BD50 with PCM releases, but knowing Paramount it is probably going to be a low bitrate MPEG2 BD25 with DD5.1, and that is not good enough anymore!

Of all there releases only MI3 has looked good so far, and I for one want more than MPEG2 DD5.1 releases for me to purchase a HD movie. I have purchased 5 Paramount BD's up until now (sold 4 of them cause I didn't think they were up to par) and only MI3 was what you could call a HD release.

We are 9 months in to the BD format and I feel like the trial period is over, I want high bitrate BD50 MPEG2, AVC or VC-1 transfers with PCM, DTS HD or TrueHD for studios to get my money!

No more Paramount nor Fox for me until the do the real job that Sony and Buena Vista are doing!

Last edited by onyxx; 03-21-2007 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxx View Post
I hate being negative, but for me Paramount is the absolute worse of the HD studios (yes, even worse than Fox). They are giving every BD release the BD25, MPEG2, DD5.1 treatment and it feels like they are making the least effort of all the HD studios. I can live with high bitrate MPEG2 BD50 with PCM releases, but knowing Paramount it is probably going to be a low bitrate MPEG2 BD25 with DD5.1, and that is not good enough anymore!

!
Totally agree.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottstuff View Post
Totally agree.
reminds me of the DVD days from early on with Vanilla releases, that always pissed me off, when you buy a film and 6 months later the super bumper edition you should have got in the 1st place comes out, sort it Paramount!