Anything New From HBO? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-13-2008, 08:33 PM

Default Anything New From HBO?

i would love to see a Rome and Entourage release!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:11 PM

god i would love those two releases, especially rome even though it looks very nice upscaled
Old 03-14-2008, 11:23 PM

ummm Band of Brothers!!! Entourage would be pretty sweet too.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 PM

Rome!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 PM

I'd appreciate Six Feet Under and Sex In The City on blu-ray.

I expect they will be ramping up Sex In The City (the show) on blu-ray soon since the movie is coming out and that will definitely be on blu-ray.

I really want Six Feet Under because I just rewatched the show and I absolutely love it. Sex In The City and Six Feet Under are a couple of my favorite shows. Dexter and Weeds are also up there. Ohhh I want Dexter on Blu-ray but that's Showtime.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:34 PM

I've been wanting the Entourage DVD sets but have been holding off on getting them because I want them on Blu. I hope they release Entourage soon.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:44 PM

Sex and the City? What's so special about it that needs to be seen in high definition? Save the HD for Band of Brothers, imo!

(Although I suppose all TV shows could benefit from Blu-ray - instead of 6 disks, there'd be like 2 or 3. Much more convenient.)
Old 03-15-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows V View Post
Sex and the City? What's so special about it that needs to be seen in high definition? Save the HD for Band of Brothers, imo!

(Although I suppose all TV shows could benefit from Blu-ray - instead of 6 disks, there'd be like 2 or 3. Much more convenient.)
Ummm Sex In The City is such an entertaining show. Stop drinking that haterade! Haha. It really is a great show though. You might not relate to it since you're a guy and even if you did like it you probably wouldn't want to admit it. The fact that a movie is coming out based on the show just shows how special it really is.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:59 AM

Entourage would be fantastic. I have all of the sets on DVD, but obviously I'd much rather them be on Blu-ray.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates View Post
Ummm Sex In The City is such an entertaining show. Stop drinking that haterade! Haha. It really is a great show though. You might not relate to it since you're a guy and even if you did like it you probably wouldn't want to admit it. The fact that a movie is coming out based on the show just shows how special it really is.
What excites me about a possible BD release of Band of Brothers is actually not the 1080p video but the prospect of lossless audio. The many combat sequences throughout the series all boast top notch sound design and would be incredible in TrueHD, PCM, or DTS HD. I actually have seen a few episodes of Sex and the City and while I could see upgrading for the better PQ (if it was shot on film) it's soundscape could be easily handled by 448kbps DD.