Current owners of I Am Legend Come Hither... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-13-2008, 06:52 PM

Default Current owners of I Am Legend Come Hither...

As the quality of I Am Legend seems to be a polemic, despite HDF's VERY favorable review, I'd like to see a thread dedicated to user reviews and early-owners of this apocalyptic film.

If you would oblige us fence-sitters and do a quick write-up of the Picture and Audio Quality, along with your own thoughts on the value of the Blu-ray disc, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, is The Dark Knight trailer included on the disc? I doubt it, but that would be simply ridiculous if true.

Thanks,

Hoo.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:57 PM

i dont have the bd yet, but have got a rip of the bd, and just judging that, the pq is 5/5
Old 03-13-2008, 07:03 PM

I have the disc and watched it tonight. The PQ is solid in my opinion, but certainly not outstanding. Compared to some other discs I watched recently, namely No Country for Old Men, and 3:10 to Yuma, this disc doesn't look as sharp or detailed.

AQ is great though. I'd rate the PQ as a 4/10 and the AQ as a 4.5/10.

There is no batman trailer on the disc. You do get two cuts of the movie though. The original theatrical cut has a terrible ending, and the alternate cut has a slightly better but still poor ending. Neither comes anywhere near the brilliance of the book's ending, in fact I'd say compared the book they're pretty embarrassingly awful.

Extras wise you get a fairly dry but mildly interesting doc on viruses, and another which for some bizarre reason is split up into dozens of sections on the making of the film. This one is also dry and isn't really that interesting.

It's an okay disc I'd say overall. The movie has plenty of good moments and the deserted New York setting is realised well. The creatures though look terrible throughout, particularly their enormous, ridiculous looking floppy jaw motion. As a story it just isn't a patch on the original book, and has had the book's incredible twist completely removed (save for a tiny, tiny hint of it in the extended cut). In short, if you see this and like it, then read the book, as it's like the best bits of the film x 10 and with a vastly superior story arc and ending.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:04 PM

I thought it came out next tuesday?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
I have the disc and watched it tonight. The PQ is solid in my opinion, but certainly not outstanding. Compared to some other discs I watched recently, namely No Country for Old Men, and 3:10 to Yuma, this disc doesn't look as sharp or detailed.

There is no batman trailer on the disc. You do get two cuts of the movie though. The original theatrical cut has a terrible ending, and the alternate cut has a slightly better but still poor ending. Neither comes anywhere near the brilliance of the book's ending, in fact I'd say compared the book they're pretty embarrassingly awful.

Extras wise you get a fairly dry but mildly interesting doc on viruses, and another which for some bizarre reason is split up into dozens of sections on the making of the film. This one is also dry and isn't really that interesting.

It's an okay disc I'd say overall. The movie has plenty of good moments and the deserted New York setting is realised well. The creatures though look terrible throughout, particularly their enormous, ridiculous looking floppy jaw motion. As a story it just isn't a patch on the original book, and has had the book's incredible twist completely removed (save for a tiny, tiny hint of it in the extended cut). In short, if you see this and like it, then read the book, as it's like the best bits of the film x 10 and with a vastly superior story arc and ending.
Thanks for the response. That is interesting that HDF gave this a 5/5 while several owners disagree that it's far from perfect PQ.

I'll be sure to buy the novel from Amazon ASAP!

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwtaker View Post
I thought it came out next tuesday?
What can I say- I ordered it online, it shipped, it arrived, I watched it.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 PM

strange... warner hasnt shipped mine that I ordered 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:06 PM

What? An HDF review seemed biased and made up? Surely not?

That'd never happen on any other review site...
Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post

Do mean your ratings to be out of 5 and not 10? That's a bad disc if not!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
Do mean your ratings to be out of 5 and not 10? That's a bad disc if not!
Ah yeah, sorry about that. Ratings out of 5!