Blu-Ray Releases Seem Limited / Slow - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Default Blu-Ray Releases Seem Limited / Slow

Hi folks,

Just had to make a point, and one that has probably been hammered to death on here so I do apologise... but doesn't it seem to any of you that since the Blu-Ray win, the release announcements have been somewhat slow?

I look at the upcoming release schedule and it seems a bit bland and of few numbers.

Fair enough the studios do seem to announce titles quite late on, but I would have thought they would increase the anticipation and buzz to help force the issue and re-assure a SD DVD loving public that spending big on a standalone player isn't a bad move.

Where are the Jurassic Parks, Gladiators, The Band of Brothers of this realm?

Please, Please ...Pleeease studios whip up a frenzy of pre-order bliss, if only to help me convince the doubters I come across that a disc form in your hand HD material is the way forward.

Moaning over.

- D -
Old 03-13-2008, 02:53 PM

Well it's March...not really sure what you expected, but I'm guessing it might've not been realistic.

Wiat til the holiday season...they'll give you lots of content. Granted, not all of it, but if you're expecting them to dump it all in a short period of time, well, you're going to be disapointed.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM

I agree but don't mind now. Just blew a crap load on hd dvds and I counted about 10 blu movies I want...so I have time now to save and recover
Old 03-13-2008, 03:13 PM

this week has been jammed pack.
I hope the space em out so I dont go broke
Old 03-13-2008, 03:28 PM

Slow or not, im blowing big money almost every week

Im just waiting for the day they start announcing all of the previous HD movies on Blu. Lot of comedies I need to my blu collection
Old 03-13-2008, 04:53 PM

I can't really think of anything completely new that hasn't been announced or rumored in some form already since Blu-ray officially won, other than:

Short Circuit
Rambo sequels
Anger Management

Anyone think of any others? It's been pretty slow. I'm waiting on Paramount/Universal new release announcments more than anything else...
Old 03-13-2008, 05:40 PM

I think it's been slow from the door.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:42 PM

I admit, I was dissapointed by the demise of HD DVD as I loved the fact I could import discs without worrying about region coding. But things move on, just wish they would move on a little faster.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:48 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping they'll step up catalog selection. Fox brought some greatly anticipated titles to market on Tuesday (though none really interest me...) I'm waiting out Universal to get on the bandwagon with this thing and start putting some of those HD DVD catalog titles out on BR.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:53 PM

I am also hoping the consistency of good PQ keeps up. I want a day where I can buy a movie without worrying about how it will look and reading all sorts of reviews for them before hand.

Also hope average retail price drops to around 22-25 bucks for new releases.