A Sad Tale... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 PM

Default A Sad Tale...

I went to Wal-Mart just a little while ago to pick up Dan In Real Life and they had Enchanted out on the shelf beside it. I got really excited, but tried not to get too excited because I knew somebody had obviously made a mistake by putting it out a week early. When I tried to purchase it the man told me no and that someone made a mistake. He then took it from me and put it away. I was so close to owning my fairy tale movie. *sigh*
Old 03-12-2008, 10:34 PM

i hate it when that happens, they really have to train their employees better, because one time i called and was told a movie/or game, i forget, lol, i was told the item was in stock and took a 20 minute drive for the a-hole manager to go off because i got mad, lol, never shopped there again, lol
Old 03-12-2008, 10:58 PM

Amazon ships two days earlier for me
Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 PM

That's like seeing Heaven, being rented a room, and then falling through a random trapdoor to hell.

I feel you.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar715 View Post
i hate it when that happens, they really have to train their employees better, because one time i called and was told a movie/or game, i forget, lol, i was told the item was in stock and took a 20 minute drive for the a-hole manager to go off because i got mad, lol, never shopped there again, lol
Although I feel for you he would have been correct in that situation. I know at my work it happens where the computer simply says how many copies we have in stock but you have to bring up the detailed report to see a release date. It's not the stores trying to piss you off they can be sued big money by selling it early. If you knew the street date wasn't until later then you should have realized right off the bat that it was a mistake and to get pissed at them when you clearly had enough information is pretty lame. Did you ask him if it was out yet? Maybe he was just letting you know there were a few copies so you'd know what to expect on the release date. Bottom line is the people that work there are human you'd make as many mistakes or more whether you're trained or not it happens. Getting upset about something so pointless is rediculous but if you were that company would you risk making that $30 sale to potentially be fined thousands? I doubt it.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:33 PM

Ummm they can't do that. There is no way they can deny you a sale unless a product was recalled.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nramsay View Post
Although I feel for you he would have been correct in that situation. I know at my work it happens where the computer simply says how many copies we have in stock but you have to bring up the detailed report to see a release date. It's not the stores trying to piss you off they can be sued big money by selling it early. If you knew the street date wasn't until later then you should have realized right off the bat that it was a mistake and to get pissed at them when you clearly had enough information is pretty lame. Did you ask him if it was out yet? Maybe he was just letting you know there were a few copies so you'd know what to expect on the release date. Bottom line is the people that work there are human you'd make as many mistakes or more whether you're trained or not it happens. Getting upset about something so pointless is rediculous but if you were that company would you risk making that $30 sale to potentially be fined thousands? I doubt it.
I think he had a right to get mad. People do make mistakes, but people do get upset. Both sides have valid points. I've had what happened to him happen to me countless times and it gets frustrating, especially when you ask the person on the phone multiple times if they're positive they have what you're looking for and they say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandellG View Post
Ummm they can't do that. There is no way they can deny you a sale unless a product was recalled.
They should do something to make up for their mistake. Do I have any options or am I just shit out of luck?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandellG View Post
Umm, yes they sure can. The law-breaking occurs when they sell something that there is an embargo on until the release date of 3/18.

To the OP: Don't worry; you'll have it Tuesday. That's less than a week away.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 AM

To the OP: try to buddy-up with someone at a local mom-and-pop shop (if that's an option for you). Big chains like Wal-Mart and Best Buy are under heavy scrutiny for things like this. Smaller stores often sell stuff early in an attempt to keep up with the big box stores. My local store is usually able to give me movies about a week in advance. It took time to build that relationship with them though. Once they saw I was a loyal customer, I guess. Good luck getting your movie. It's a good one!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:27 AM

You should've just started yelling real loud like "what kind of b.s is this you have it on the shelves and won't sell it to me i live 50 miles from here and can't get here every frigging day i thought walmart was a family store but you guys don't give a sh*t about customers at all i want to see the store manager"

He prolly would've sold it then.