The Changeling "1980" on Blu-Ray? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 AM

Default The Changeling "1980" on Blu-Ray?

Anyone else hope this might see someday? I watched it last night on SD and remembered just how scary a haunted house/ghost story movie can be! Nothing like horror movies today! Movies like The Exorcist and The Shining (which I both love) always seem to fill the top spot as scariest! Well, as far as hair standing up on the back of your neck cant go to sleep kinda flick, The Changeling reigns supreme IMO! One of the best ghost story movies ever IMO. It would be sooooo wicked to see this film get the treatment it deserves. Anyways, I think I'm starting a habit of wishing for very unlikly low budget titles to hit .... For some reason??? I can't help it!!!

I believe HBO home video has rights to this?

Maybe someday?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:21 AM

agree with you on this movie. any time George C. Scott is on screen i'm in.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 AM

Definitely would like to see "The Changeling" on Blu-Ray someday. I'm 30 now, and this is about the only movie that can still give me the chills when watching it.

CC
Old 03-07-2018, 01:44 PM

So back in October of last year, David Gregory of Severin Films posted this on Facebook: "Terrific commentary session with Director Peter Medak and Producer Joel B. Michaels on another as yet 'officially' unannounced favorite."
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Then apparently on a Shock Waves podcast a month or two back, David Gregory stated that it is The Changeling. It will be getting a new 4K scan, this new commentary, and other unspecified extras. He stated it should be getting released sometime in April or May.

CAN'T. F*CKING. WAIT. Hands down, the most deserving film that hasn't gotten the blu-ray special edition treatment yet. It's about damn time. Thank you Severin!! Don't care what the cost is. This will be a day one pre-order. One of those rare times for me where I don't care how much the release will be.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
So back in October of last year, David Gregory of Severin Films posted this on Facebook: "Terrific commentary session with Director Peter Medak and Producer Joel B. Michaels on another as yet 'officially' unannounced favorite."
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Then apparently on a Shock Waves podcast a month or two back, David Gregory stated that it is The Changeling. It will be getting a new 4K scan, this new commentary, and other unspecified extras. He stated it should be getting released sometime in April or May.

CAN'T. F*CKING. WAIT. Hands down, the most deserving film that hasn't gotten the blu-ray special edition treatment yet. It's about damn time. Thank you Severin!! Don't care what the cost is. This will be a day one pre-order. One of those rare times for me where I don't care how much the release will be.
Awesome news. Been waiting awhile for this!
Old 03-07-2018, 05:54 PM

I really hope this is true!!!!
Old 03-08-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
I really hope this is true!!!!
I'm 99.99% certain that it is. Little odd how there's no "official" announcement yet though. Either the release will be getting pushed back a little bit, or it's going to be a "surprise" announcement within the next week or two.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I'm 99.99% certain that it is. Little odd how there's no "official" announcement yet though. Either the release will be getting pushed back a little bit, or it's going to be a "surprise" announcement within the next week or two.
They better announce it. I think this has been the main movie I have been waiting for to be released on blu ray. They should just make it a 4K release!
Old 03-08-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
They better announce it. I think this has been the main movie I have been waiting for to be released on blu ray. They should just make it a 4K release!
I'm right there with you. Been waiting patiently for a very, very long time....

You know, if they did release it in 4K UHD, I'm sure it would sell extremely well. I see people on various other forums threads talking about some garbage movie they bought just because they were getting starved for some 4K UHD releases. "Pity buys" I guess you could call them. Imagine if a good quality release of a timeless classic like The Changeling came out? I guarantee it would be a top seller.

By the way, how is Severin's reputation for video (particularly in this case, blu-ray) releases? I don't think I own any of their releases. I just assumed they're on par with other distributor's like Synapse and Blue Underground.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I'm right there with you. Been waiting patiently for a very, very long time....

You know, if they did release it in 4K UHD, I'm sure it would sell extremely well. I see people on various other forums threads talking about some garbage movie they bought just because they were getting starved for some 4K UHD releases. "Pity buys" I guess you could call them. Imagine if a good quality release of a timeless classic like The Changeling came out? I guarantee it would be a top seller.

By the way, how is Severin's reputation for video (particularly in this case, blu-ray) releases? I don't think I own any of their releases. I just assumed they're on par with other distributor's like Synapse and Blue Underground.
Considering this movie's cult like following, it would sell very well IMO

I never even hear of Severin so I am not sure. I'm sure others on here can comment on that.