Rock and Rule on Blu-Ray? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-02-2008, 01:58 AM

Default Rock and Rule on Blu-Ray?

I would love to see 1983's animated film Rock and Rule hit sometime in the future! I have the 2-disc collector's edition that was released in 2005. I know Unearthed Films did alot of work cleaning up the transfer for that release. I wonder if a HD master was done? Most of the film is very dark though w/lots of grain. I wonder how much better it could look? Don't worry if you've never heard of this film, its not very well known! Underground cult classic for sure! Its very well done though. IMO! If you liked Heavy Metal (Which I'd also like on ) or Fire and Ice you'd most likely dig Rock and Rule. Check it out!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:40 AM

It's funny...I was just searching for this film the other day at my BB. It was all over the place in Florida...but not so in Baltimore.

Anyway...I think we a fortunate just to have them on DVD. I wouldn't hold my breath for these to make BD. It's wishful thinking...and I'd welcome them...but I'd say that these older and "lower budget" animation films would look terrible. They certain don't get the attention that Disney give theirs.

But I'm still waiting for Coonskin.

Please look up Coonskin before you brand me as some racist.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
It's funny...I was just searching for this film the other day at my BB. It was all over the place in Florida...but not so in Baltimore.

Anyway...I think we a fortunate just to have them on DVD. I wouldn't hold my breath for these to make BD. It's wishful thinking...and I'd welcome them...but I'd say that these older and "lower budget" animation films would look terrible. They certain don't get the attention that Disney give theirs.

But I'm still waiting for Coonskin.

Please look up Coonskin before you brand me as some racist.
Yeah,

Your right! I don't think it would benifit much either? Although, I'd welcome it too!! I'm checking out Coonskin right now!