The Orphanage (El Orfanato) coming to Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-29-2008, 02:04 PM

Default The Orphanage (El Orfanato) coming to Blu-ray

Quote:
New Line Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring the Guillermo Del Toro produced film 'The Orphanage' to Blu-ray on April 22nd, day-and-date with the DVD release. No specs have been announced for the title, but it will be presented in Spanish with English subtitles (similar to how 'Pan's Labyrinth', a film directed by Del Toro, was released). The only extras announced thus far will be behind the scenes featurettes.

The Orphanage, presented by Oscar-Nominee Guillermo del Toro, centers on a Laura (BelÚn Rueda from The Sea Inside) who purchases her beloved childhood orphanage with dreams of restoring and reopening the long abandoned facility as a place for disabled children. Once there, Laura discovers that the new environment awakens her son's imagination, but the ongoing fantasy games he plays with an invisible friend quickly turn into something more disturbing. Upon seeing her family increasingly threatened by the strange occurrences in the house, Laura looks to a group of parapsychologists for help in unraveling the mystery that has taken over the place.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1063

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orphanage_(film)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464141/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/orfanato/
Old 02-29-2008, 02:06 PM

Nice. I heard so many good things about this. I was a huge fan of Pan's Labryinth. Maybe I will check this one out.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:11 PM

Haven't seen it but it will be a day 1 purchase for me.
It's nice to see the April release schedule filling up.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:49 PM

I saw the movie. It was one of the most exilerating experiences I've had at the movies in a long time. One of the creepiest movies I've seen. I don't know that I'd want to own it, but if you've not seen it, it's well worth watching. One of the best "scary" movies I've seen, right up there with The Sixth Sense.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Enemy View Post
Nice. I heard so many good things about this. I was a huge fan of Pan's Labryinth. Maybe I will check this one out.
Loved Pans too, and saw the preview for this on Hatchet (or was it The Messengers). I've been waiting for it ever since.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:22 PM

Guillermo del Toro has nothing to do with this movie, his name is attached to it so that people will see it. Not at all the style of Guillermo the director is Juan Antonio Bayona it still is a very good movie

saw a screening of it loved it very much
Old 02-29-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batjokeriddle View Post
Guillermo del Toro has nothing to do with this movie, his name is attached to it so that people will see it. Not at all the style of Guillermo the director is Juan Antonio Bayona it still is a very good movie

saw a screening of it loved it very much
I thought he produced it.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:31 PM

lol. yeah sounds like a pretty lame role--just the PRODUCER!
people should know that depending on the movie the producer might as well be the director.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:42 PM

I was not a fan of this film at all. It was well made, but the story just wasn't interesting.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I was not a fan of this film at all. It was well made, but the story just wasn't interesting.
+1. Definitely rent this one first.