Looking for some suggestions - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:25 PM

Default Looking for some suggestions

Hey guys, so this might not be the best place to come for this question, but judging from everything I've read on these forums, many of you guys seem to know your stuff.

I currently have $2500 to spend on an entertainment system. I'm getting a great deal on a 50" Panasonic 1080, but I still have $1200 or so to play with on the rest. Due to the room setup, I can't go with a traditional surround sound setup, so after looking at all the possibilities (Surroundbars, etc.), I'm leaning towards getting the Bose Cinemate. In addition I planned to get the Bose HDMI Switcher and a Blu-Ray Player.

So, my question to you guys is simply if you think I'm doing the best possible job at optimizing the money I'm spending. (Worth noting, I live in an apt. building, so I can't go too crazy.)

Also, I'm torn on the Blu-Ray player I should buy. The new Panasonic BD-50 looks great, but the position I'm in is forcing me to spend the $2500 now, so I can't wait for it. What I can do is buy a different player and move it into the bedroom when I want to replace it months from now. Would you guys suggest going with the Panasonic BD-30 for now? Or does the PS3 still make the most sense (At Best Buy I was told that the PS3 does not upscale DVD's like standalone players do).

Thanks for the help guys -- any feedback would be greatly helpful.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:30 PM

This should be in the hardware section. The hardware gurus there will know what to recommend. As for the player, go with the PS3 if you can't wait for the 2.0 spec players to come out.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
This should be in the hardware section. The hardware gurus there will know what to recommend. As for the player, go with the PS3 if you can't wait for the 2.0 spec players to come out.
All right, thanks. I made the post in there as well.

The thing with the player is that w/e I get now I'll probably end up putting in my bedroom once I get the Panny BD-50. I was thinking that something like the Panny BD-30 would work fine since I don't need any fancy features in there.
Closed Thread