When is Infernal Affairs coming out? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-29-2008, 04:39 AM

Default When is Infernal Affairs coming out?

I want it so bad on Blu-Ray awesome movie not good as the Departed but both of them have different styles with similarities.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiarks View Post
I want it so bad on Blu-Ray awesome movie not good as the Departed but both of them have different styles with similarities.
It's been out, you can purchase this on Ebay and has English subs. And I beg to differ, Infernal Affairs is better than the Departed
Old 02-29-2008, 05:03 AM

i meant Region one I'm picky about my movies.

and im also wondering about blade, i love that movie.

new line can give it like a 5/5 PQ + AQ...
Old 02-29-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:

The Hong Kong version that is out is Region A, the same as US.. It does have fairly good picture quality too.

Sure one of the high profile American studios could propably do a better transfer if they wanted, but do not count on it. Foreign movies are a niche, and as there is not much money to make the studios usually go for a cheap transfer.

That is if any studio ever bothers releasing it in US. In the US people do not like to read subtitles. Even when it comes to DVD's only a fraction of the Asian movies make it for a US release, and that is with a much larger market.

(and also note that historically more often than not, the US DVD releases of Asian movies have been as bad or worse in picture quality)
Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD 335 View Post
It's been out, you can purchase this on Ebay and has English subs. And I beg to differ, Infernal Affairs is better than the Departed
ditto! Nothing beats the original. Personally I think the departed is an example of hollywood not being creative enough to come up with their own stories and so they have to take stories from other countries....so dodgy.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:

When it comes to Blu-ray, regions are by letters not numbers. Region A consists of the Americas; East and Southeast Asia.

So no reason to wait.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:36 AM

DUUUUUUDE!!! (like the budweiser commercial) I cant believe you just said that the Departed was better then Infernal Affairs maybe I am being biased as I had seen IA way before the departed came out but it didnt even seem to be as intense for me. For those who have bought it off of ebay, what would you rate the picture and sound? I know someone said that the picture is not too bad but is it a very noticable difference to the old dvd transfers? or is it just a lil step up?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 PM

IA is the way to go. I have both, but watch Infernal 4 times as much. Great blu ray too. I got mine from dddhouse took 4 days from HK.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:44 AM

I watched The Departed before Infernal Affairs maybe thats why I do like Infernal Affairs alot.

so what about Blade? I personally think that's the best marvel movie, 2nd to x-men 2.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:48 AM

I also got mine from dddhouse and can vouch for great service.