Possible Future Bluray Releases? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Default Possible Future Bluray Releases?

Now that Bluray has finally won the format war I would think that most companies will be rolling bluray titles out left and right. There were a few that i was hoping would be released sooner rather than later. does anyone have any thought or speculation if Tombstone, Ridley Scott's Legend, Speilberg's A.I. will be seeing any blu love anytime soon? I hope so lol seeing i think all 3 of these movies would be great to view in high def
Old 02-28-2008, 07:52 PM

This is asked all the time, Blu has quite a library of quality films already, despite missing some big names. It might take a while but I'd say generally all major acclaimed films will get a Blu release once more people have Blu-ray players.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 PM

All in due time I'm sure. Just like every movie gets released and remade a zillion times on SD DVD: special edition, anniversary edition, ultimate edition, directors cut, digitally remastered, etc. etc. No reason they wont do the same with Blu-ray (already re-releases of Full Metal Jacket and Fifth Element) no matter the film.

I can't really think of anything old I would like to see on other than some of the exclusives we missed. Star Wars and Indian Jones maybe, but I think its a no brainer we'll see those on at some point in time. Gosh Star Wars 1-6 on ...probably list price close to $200 if not more. Maybe we'll see the Indy anthology on when Indy4 releases like the Batman anthology later this summer near the release of The Dark Knight. Oh oh oh, and the Lord of the Rings would be to die for on .