Godfather Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-23-2008, 11:37 AM

Default Godfather Blu-ray

Interested to hear what people would like from a release of the godfather trilogy on bbblu and if they really think it would be a worthy upgrade to SD-DVD
Old 02-23-2008, 01:41 PM

I would hope it would be an upgrade. I went to AmazonUK and pre-ordered the HD DVD version they have on there.

The first to Godfathers are among my favorite 10 films ever. They are a must buy for me. I hope they give it the same treatment as far as features go, as they did the box set that came out a few years ago. Freddy
Old 02-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsukoro View Post
Interested to hear what people would like from a release of the godfather trilogy on bbblu and if they really think it would be a worthy upgrade to SD-DVD
lol why wouldn't it be an upgrade?
Old 02-23-2008, 02:58 PM

Well, I have seen some really bad releases that were never given the proper treatment (Big Fish had some of the worst high def PQ I've seen as of yet). I just hope that they go all out and give us an amazing transfer ala Blade Runner.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:40 PM

I heard they were remastering the prints for HD, so hopefully we get a release soon.

The SD-DVD had really average PQ.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:50 PM

It always depends on what effort the studios put into the remaster. Some good, most aren't really concerned about it...costs too much money. The public will buy it anyway, is their thinking.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 PM

I'd think it'd be worth an upgrade. Hopefully, they'll work a bit on the print they use (the ones on the dvd were pretty grainy).
Old 02-25-2008, 07:05 AM

A box set that would include "The Complete Epic" as well as each individual film would be a dream come true. It would probably be a very expensive 7 or more disc set, but if any film is worth that kind of treatment, it's the Godfather Saga.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsukoro View Post
This is not flame bait but it is available in Pre-order on HD DVD in the UK Amazon.UK.

I say its less than 50/50 it actually gets released.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:08 PM

Well, hold your breath guys...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather#DVD_release

That isn't a confirmation of a Blu Ray release, but I'd think a new transfer at this point would have to presume inclusion on future HD media.

Also, I'd take a pass on the Saga version. I've seen it before and I didn't like the rejiggering in the story. I like them the way they are. The back and forth storyline of GF2 is amazing the way it is.

Considering that Coppola's only bothered to release the Saga versions at times when he wanted financing to make other movies, I wouldn't plan on seeing the re-edited versions any time soon.