'Bubble' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-09-2007, 01:20 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Bubble' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth's review of Steven Soderbergh's indie art house flick 'Bubble' is up, and it sounds like the much-talked about "experiment" from the Academy Award-winning director is a tough slog. The high point of the Blu-ray release is its pristine-looking shot-on-HD video, although Kenneth found it to be a strange match with this otherwise surreal film. The audio, meanwhile, (presented in only Dolby Digital 3.0 surround) is a real disappintment, as are the extras, which have been severely slimmed down from the previous standard-def release.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/bubble.html
Old 03-09-2007, 03:56 AM

Talking

How many BD movies we have to avoid or skip? My god can they just get it right once or maybe twice.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
How many BD movies we have to avoid or skip? My god can they just get it right once or maybe twice.
Interesting point. It's great that so many flicks are being released for Blu-ray, however, this means there are more chances of having less-than-stellar discs hit the market. It's the unfortunate nature of the commercial beast.

I'm fascinated with this format war's similarity to a video game console generation conflict -- PS2 had more games last generation but a lower overall ratings average than games on Xbox (which released fewer titles but had more gems per capita). This idea becomes misleading, especially for detractors of either format in any format war.

I'm just happy to see such an increase in the amount of coming titles in high-def all around!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
Well, seeing that's it's released by Magnolia, it will probably see the light of day on HD DVD as well and be just as avoidable as the BD.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LembasBread View Post
Well, seeing that's it's released by Magnolia, it will probably see the light of day on HD DVD as well and be just as avoidable as the BD.
It is on both.

This movie basically sucked. It was produced with only 1 million and with people who weren't actors. I was excited about it because it was the first day-and-date release on DVD, TV and theaters, but i was sorely disappointed.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:17 PM

this movie looks like a complete waste of time with nothing at all in the movie that would appeal to anyone at all.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:04 AM

yea. i can guarantee im not getting this flick.