Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jed
    jed is offline HDD Founder

Default 'Resident Evil: Apocalypse' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth's review of 'Resident Evil: Apocalypse' is up. As a film, he found this one lacking, and a lot less fun than the original. As a Blu-ray release, however, it does deliver on the bottom line, with solid enough and video that should please fans of the film.

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/resi...pocalypse.html

redbawlz is offline Member

I could not agree more with the review of this movie, after watching this movie, i honestly believe this is the worst movie I have ever seen. AVP being a close second!
    My Set Up:
    37" LG LCD HDTV+360+HD DVD add on+PS3 60GB
    HD DVD Movies: 22
    Blu-ray Movies: 9

Maxx_75 is offline Runner !

I just watched this the other night. While I agree that the movie was less than average quality I would have given it 2 stars vs. the 1.5 it received. The premise is a good one even if it is a poor rehash of the first. Then again I am big on Sci-Fi so I give that genre a wider birth. I thought that the video was pretty good. I would have given it a 3.5 or even 4 vs. the 3 it got. As far as the audio I watched it at night with the wife and kid in bed so I used my Sony IR Surround Headphones.
    Last edited by Maxx_75; 03-08-2007 at 02:37 PM.

illegalprelude is offline Founding Member

I think im gonna pick it up today. I already own it on DVD and UMD. Why not add Blu-ray to the mix
    "PeAcE is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past"
    PowerMac G5 + MacBook Air+ Custom Gaming PC + PSPgo +500GB PlayStation 3 (Linux) + Xbox 360 Elite + Harmony 1000 + TiVo Series 3+ XM + Panamax 5100 + Sony 60" SXRD + Denon 2807 + Onkyo 6.1 Surround + AppleTV+ iPhone 3GS
    PSN: Fusion_Id
    It dreams in Blu-ray

bear89103 is offline Founding Member

Haha, i guess for me, I can't fault him for his comment on this one because I feel the movie sucks too.
    Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 03-08-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: off topic
    Please Post Responsibly. If necessary, use a designated poster.

Don't be a fanboi.

*this message brought to you by the supporters of "I hate senseless bickering" corporation in association with the "smackdown forum anti-degredation act".

Kenshiro is offline Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
    Haha, i guess for me, I can't fault him for his comment on this one because I feel the movie sucks too.
    The real question is where this movie ranks alongside other video game to movie conversions...

I can already think of half-dozen that this ranks better than, but thats not saying much for this genre.

bear89103 is offline Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
    The real question is where this movie ranks alongside other video game to movie conversions...

I can already think of half-dozen that this ranks better than, but thats not saying much for this genre.
    Agreed. And yes, this particular genre of movies doesn't seem to be stepping up to the plate. Maybe too many of the producers of this just think that people will buy into the movie just because of the built-in fanbase from their video game counterparts therefore don't give a rats ass about the quality of the story.
    Please Post Responsibly. If necessary, use a designated poster.

Don't be a fanboi.

*this message brought to you by the supporters of "I hate senseless bickering" corporation in association with the "smackdown forum anti-degredation act".

redbawlz is offline Member

I just really did not like this film....it was just sooooo poorly edited ...and I am a film editing whore...LOL
    Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 03-08-2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Off topic.
    My Set Up:
    37" LG LCD HDTV+360+HD DVD add on+PS3 60GB
    HD DVD Movies: 22
    Blu-ray Movies: 9

Maxx_75 is offline Runner !

While I would move some of the scores around a bit I still would have given it a 3 stars overall and a For Fans Only. I got it for 9.99 and I knew what I was getting before hand. I certainly wouldnt have paid much more.

MentokTheMindTaker is offline Founding Member

I love this movie and the amount of special features on this disc is exciting to me. I hear that Amazon has a deal on this disc so I might buy it from them.
    I love all High-Def media regardless of format.
    My home theatre:
    HDTV: LG 55" Passive 3D LED HDTV 240Hz
    Receiver/speakers: Yamaha YHT-270 5.1 650 Watts
    Blu-ray player: PlayStation 3 20GB with a 250GB drive installed
    Cable: Comcast X1 DVR with HBO
    Remote: Logitech Harmony One

jgantert is offline Founding Member

Amazon's deal is $20 for this movie. Whoopie.

I'm suprised at the 3 stars rating. I haven't seen it yet, but 50GB + MPEG2 should > 3 stars PQ. Oh well, no blind buy for me. I'll rent it first.

-John

cacadodo666 is offline Member

Default lalala

im just a fan of milla.....she's so freakn' hot...i don't give a crap...as long as she's shooting something

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Yeah, the movie's kind of dumb, but it's got Milla, zombies, shooting, explosions, naked Milla, that other hot chick, more zombies, and naked Milla. That makes for a solid guilty pleasure as far as I'm concerned.

To put things in proper perspective, compared to UltraViolet, RE2 is practically Citizen frikkin' Kane.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

hstewarth is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
    I think im gonna pick it up today. I already own it on DVD and UMD. Why not add Blu-ray to the mix

I am like you on this movie, I have DVD, UMD and Blu-ray. I have always like the movie.

One of problems in HD movies in generals, once you seen the first couple of ones, later ones are hard to make good impression. I did wish a little more from Sony on this one.

Would a different format be better choice.
    Sony 46in XBR2, VX32L and Panasonic PT-500AE 720p Projector
    Sony 20G (160G) PS3 Blu-ray Player 1080p HDMI with PSP
    XBox 360 (HDDVD) and Wii for Games. DirecTV HR21/HR20 HD DVR HDMI
    Harmon Karmon 525 Reciever with JBL/Polk Audio speakers
    106 Blu-rays so far. 500+ DVD's

illegalprelude is offline Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by hstewarth View Post
    I am like you on this movie, I have DVD, UMD and Blu-ray. I have always like the movie.

One of problems in HD movies in generals, once you seen the first couple of ones, later ones are hard to make good impression. I did wish a little more from Sony on this one.

Would a different format be better choice.
    well i picked it up today so hopefully, ill be watching it soon and see how I feel about it but im gonna assume I will cause A. I just like the movies or I wouldnt own it like you on both UMD and DVD and now Blu-ray
    "PeAcE is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past"
    PowerMac G5 + MacBook Air+ Custom Gaming PC + PSPgo +500GB PlayStation 3 (Linux) + Xbox 360 Elite + Harmony 1000 + TiVo Series 3+ XM + Panamax 5100 + Sony 60" SXRD + Denon 2807 + Onkyo 6.1 Surround + AppleTV+ iPhone 3GS
    PSN: Fusion_Id
    It dreams in Blu-ray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast