Final Fantasy Advent Children Blu-ray will melt your eyes off! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2006, 06:35 PM

Default Final Fantasy Advent Children Blu-ray will melt your eyes off!

I was hoping and praying that Advent Children would get released on Blu-ray!

It is going to look sooo damn good. I wonder if it will be put on a 50GB disc and if there will be sweet new extras!!

Here is where I got the news from:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/742/742527p1.html

Apparently this was announced at TGS 2006:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734467p1.html
Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 PM

YES YES YES!!! Ive so far played this on my setup with
Sony SXRD 1080p
Sony 5 Disc DVD Progressive Scan (Monster Component)
FF7:AC

And it was "OMG"
This movie on Blue-ray would sex my pants. This should indeed look beyond beautiful.

Quote:
One new scene shown during the presentation was Sephiroth impaling Cloud and hoisting him over his head while his Masamune was still embedded inside of him, much like in Final Fantasy 7 for the PSOne.
Lord have mercy on me. Take your time like always Square and give me a beautiful Blue-ray. I would love to see FF: The Spirits Within. That movie was a beautiful movie. Very amazing, both visually (mostly for its time) and just the story, I very much liked it. Both humerous and romantic and compelling

Last edited by illegalprelude; 10-30-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:29 PM

We need to get jed to add this to the Blu-ray release list. There is not date yet, but it has been confirmed by the studio. I am going to message him about it.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:38 PM

Oh noes! It might be just released in Japan!

I hope they announce the English version soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
At the Tokyo Game Show 2006, Square Enix showed a trailer of a director's cut of the movie, titled Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete for release on the Blu-ray disc format. New scenes will be added to the movie, including one where Sephiroth impales Cloud with his sword and then lifts his body up into the air. The movie will also benefit from high-definition video and audio that the Blu-ray format offers. However, only a Japanese release has been confirmed so far, but is likely to be released elsewhere if the popularity of the Blu-ray format continues to grow. The cut will be released in mid 2007.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentokTheMindTaker View Post
Oh noes! It might be just released in Japan!

I hope they announce the English version soon!
I think for a fact, we will get it. Like the previous FF movies. Plus, we have had Blue-ray before they have and we will have a larger base of PS3's so there would be no reason for Square to cut that market off. As always, Sony distributes for them too so they will have no problems bringing it here. Mostly seeing the huge response FF:AC had when it luanched on DVD and UMD
Old 10-31-2006, 10:32 PM

I already have this flick for UMD to watch the flick on the go with my PSP and i have it on DVD i totally loved the flick im a huge fan of the Final Fantasy games specially 7 and i remenber at the end of the flick i cried.xd!!

it was really emotional for me brought so many good memories.
this Blu-Ray flick im buying it for sure if it comes to the USA it will have extras and cant wait for my PS3 to play that badboy @ 1080p glory baby !!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haka! View Post
I already have this flick for UMD to watch the flick on the go with my PSP and i have it on DVD i totally loved the flick im a huge fan of the Final Fantasy games specially 7 and i remenber at the end of the flick i cried.xd!!

it was really emotional for me brought so many good memories.
this Blu-Ray flick im buying it for sure if it comes to the USA it will have extras and cant wait for my PS3 to play that badboy @ 1080p glory baby !!!!
Hell yes! You have articulated my thoughts exactly.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 AM

hahaha. same boat. Got it on UMD and DVD.

Got FF12 today
Old 11-01-2006, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
Got FF12 today
Any good? It's got some rave reviews!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:55 PM

I had to bring this thread back up. Has anyone seen anymore Advent Children news?