'Breaker Morant' High-Def Digest Revie - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 AM

Default 'Breaker Morant' High-Def Digest Revie

Just posted Kenneth's review of 'Breaker Morant.' He thought the film was terrific, and says this Blu-ray release presents good video and audio tracks of somewhat problematic source material. Despite minor technical issues, he says the story, acting, and production of the film make this worth checking out.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1150/breakermorant.html
Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 AM

Very interesting review for an apparently very interesting movie. Would love to pick this up. Unfortunately, another recent release by Image was region locked, so probably no joy here...
Old 02-06-2008, 04:37 AM

Yep. I'm quite happy the PQ got a 3 star rating. To anyone who's watched this movie, you follow the story and the acting and the improvement over its dvd release is a bonus.

Only downside like zaphod said, is the likely region locking. In a release schedule dominated by "get to da choppa" and "shoot 'em up", I was really looking forward to a quality film release.

Hopefully region B countries might notice the interest in this film and release in their region.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:18 PM

this title was on the list of 100 greatest war movies ever and is a definite pick up for me.
thank god it is not as bad as the earlier review.
one dude claimed it was not even the oar.
obviously that person had no idea what they were talking about.
I'm so much happier now. I was really worried about this title after the earlier review.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
this title was on the list of 100 greatest war movies ever and is a definite pick up for me.
thank god it is not as bad as the earlier review.
one dude claimed it was not even the oar.
obviously that person had no idea what they were talking about.
I'm so much happier now. I was really worried about this title after the earlier review.
If it was on the list of 100 greatest movies ever that might mean something...but seriously, how many war movies are there? Lets say there are 1000 war movies. A movie has a 1/5 chance of being on that list.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Very good film.
Looked good, too.
However the sound was almost completely without any LFE.