Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PeterB Guest

Default 'The Air I Breathe' -- pre-release buzz

Image Entertainment has announced 'The Air I Breathe' for Blu-ray:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/airibreathe.html

Tech specs include 1080p video and audio options in DTS-MA and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.

So far, Image has not announced any extras, but stay tuned.

It's coming only to Blu-ray and DVD (not HD DVD) on May 6. Retail is $35.98.

Jared is offline Member

On the review page from that link, it says March 6, not May. I assume that May is correct.
    Toshiba HD-A35
    HD DVD drive
    BD player
    discs owned: 63
    discs owned: ?
    standard DVDs owned: ?

taygan315 is offline Member

Sounds like a film I could like. Never heard of this one. Will wait for the review before I decide on a blind buy or not.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"

ben1080p is offline Member

I the preview on itunes. Will have to check it out,,, looks extremely feel good.
    Format Neutral
    BD:78 HD:85

Arch-Nemesis: ben1080i

Quote Originally Posted by dannyschmanny View Post
    epic ben1080p.......f***ing ....epic.
    Yea..im that awesome.

onyxx is offline Member

Thumbs up

It has got fabulous ratings at IMDB, 8,7/10 out of something like 1500 votes. This is a very interesting title, a blind buy for me!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485851/

Take a look at the trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/thinkf...eathe/trailer/

EDIT: Just watched it and I must say that it was a bad flick. Warning folks, rent before you buy!
    Last edited by onyxx; 05-19-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    Pioneer KRP-500A Display
    Pioneer LX08BD Receiver
    Cabasse Eole Speakers

Baby Wipes is offline Member

Couldn't say that this is a blind buy for me. Indie films have been hit or miss with me, but If the viewers are correct @ imdb, it does spark a little interest. I'll wait and see what the review from hdd looks like.
    " Can't nobody say that nanne nudder like you Powder."

sartozki is offline Member

But you have to wonder, 25,000$ for an opening week-end and then taken right out of the theaters... not looking good. I know there's several factors to be taken in account, which I dont want to get into, but even then it still doesnt look too good

Man, some you guys will by anything.

Konrad is offline Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Wipes View Post
    Couldn't say that this is a blind buy for me. Indie films have been hit or miss with me, but If the viewers are correct @ imdb, it does spark a little interest. I'll wait and see what the review from hdd looks like.
    I have it on pre-order already and I definitely wouldn't trust a HDD review if done by Peter M. Bracke. His review of SMG's latest film Suburban Girl was so biased and arbitrary ("Gellar's latest cinematic crime") that he cannot be taken seriously as a reviewer. If he personally dislikes the lead actress of a movie so much that he cannot do an objective review he should pass it on the a colleague.
    Konrad

My Blu-ray/DVD Collection

Discs: 472 , 1000+ DVDs

Clear is offline Member

Is this out now? Someone on the forums is selling it right now. I do not see it on amazon though and i thought it was May 6

timbobarry is offline Member

AxelMusic has the back cover up

Collection (231)
    Collection (1237)
    DVD Collection
    Players: LG BH200, Sony BDP-S790, Panasonic DMP-BDT100
    Display: Panasonic VIERA TC-P54VT25
    Audio: Pioneer VSX-1120-K receiver, Polk DSW Pro 600 sub

My local Wal-Mart here in Canada had a few copies in. I bought it on Tuesday having never seen/heard of it before (basically it was just a pity buy for me and the BD format unfortunately). Here's my opinion of it that I wrote in the "Which Blu-ray did you just watch?" thread. I thought it would be appropriate to put in here as well:

'The Air I Breahte...bad movie. Crash was okay, this thing was just bad. It seemed like it was trying too hard to be liked, but it ultimately drowned in its own cliches. It unintentionally made me laugh quite a bit. Video was pretty solid (some noise here and there), audio was so-so (audio levels could've had more work put into it). Kind of a waste of $30 really. No more blind buying for me on Blu-ray.'

In the end, the movie felt very unbelievable. Unbelievable story with unbelievable characters.
    I didn't listen to the commentary, and I haven't heard of the writers/director. But by judging from the quality of this film, it felt like it was made by a couple of 18 year olds who wrote the script right after watching Crash, and directed by a very amateur director who had visions of awards spiraling in his head the entire time. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here at all, but unfortunately this is just how this movie played out to me. To be honest, I was really trying to like it.

Movie: 1 outta 5
    Video: 4.5 outta 5
    Audio: 3 outta 5
    How am I not myself?

Live everyday like it's the best day of your life.

JaylisJayP is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
    My local Wal-Mart here in Canada had a few copies in. I bought it on Tuesday having never seen/heard of it before (basically it was just a pity buy for me and the BD format unfortunately). Here's my opinion of it that I wrote in the "Which Blu-ray did you just watch?" thread. I thought it would be appropriate to put in here as well:

'The Air I Breahte...bad movie. Crash was okay, this thing was just bad. It seemed like it was trying too hard to be liked, but it ultimately drowned in its own cliches. It unintentionally made me laugh quite a bit. Video was pretty solid (some noise here and there), audio was so-so (audio levels could've had more work put into it). Kind of a waste of $30 really. No more blind buying for me on Blu-ray.'

In the end, the movie felt very unbelievable. Unbelievable story with unbelievable characters.
    I didn't listen to the commentary, and I haven't heard of the writers/director. But by judging from the quality of this film, it felt like it was made by a couple of 18 year olds who wrote the script right after watching Crash, and directed by a very amateur director who had visions of awards spiraling in his head the entire time. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here at all, but unfortunately this is just how this movie played out to me. To be honest, I was really trying to like it.

Movie: 1 outta 5
    Video: 4.5 outta 5
    Audio: 3 outta 5

Thanks for this write-up....it's going to keep me from blind buying it. I'll give it a rent.

RandellG is offline Member

Just to let everyone know, this was released this week, not next week as HDD had it posted. I sent them an e-mail (A.K.A. feedback) and it has since been corrected. All under 5mins, wow they work fast.
    Project-Blu: the new stop for Blu-ray reviews, news, articles, insider info,and the Amazon pre-order page.

Project-Blu on Facebook: Come and "LIKE" us.

Clear is offline Member

oh i thought i got it early
    Last edited by Clear; 05-22-2008 at 03:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast