Anyone hate the Blu-ray slips? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Anyone hate the Blu-ray slips?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love DVD slip covers. But, I was setting up my Blu-rays on my self (all four of them, I just went neutral and I noticed, Blu-ray slip cases don't work. DVD cases are all different, that's why I think slip cases worked for DVD. Blu-ray, and HD DVD don't have different cases. They are both red, and blue. I bought the Running Scared import for HD DVD, which has a slip, but at least it has red at the top of the slip case. The slip cases from Crank, and Employee of the Month aren't blue at the top. It kind of looks annoying looking at my Blu-rays compared to my HD DVDs. I see all red for HD DVD. and see two Blu-rays with silver spines right in the middle of the other two Blu-rays I own.

It's really just a stupid nit-pick, I know. I'm just trying to see what other people think of the slip cases for Blu-ray.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:12 AM

Well the cases are pretty much the same between HD DVD and Blu-ray - just different colors. HD DVD look more purple-red to me.

Crank Blu-ray is actually Blue on top like any other case - but also includes a paper cover - if you really picky about the cover, just take it off and store it away.

If you take the paper cover of Crank and say put it next to Open Season, it looks no difference in colors than Batman begins next to Chronicals of Riddick HD DVD. Chronicals of Riddick HD DVD also has silver outside of case.

It appears that Binder of the movie is similar to cover of the movie. This appears to be in Blu-ray, HD DVD and even DVD's.

I don't see anything different in Blu-ray then other formats - except that both Blu-ray and HD DVD have smaller cases which some ways I like because of size and some time don't - some racks don't hold them correctly - both formats.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:39 AM

I like them alot more myself then DVD. Their slicker and sexier
Old 03-04-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug View Post
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love DVD slip covers. But, I was setting up my Blu-rays on my self (all four of them, I just went neutral and I noticed, Blu-ray slip cases don't work. DVD cases are all different, that's why I think slip cases worked for DVD. Blu-ray, and HD DVD don't have different cases. They are both red, and blue. I bought the Running Scared import for HD DVD, which has a slip, but at least it has red at the top of the slip case. The slip cases from Crank, and Employee of the Month aren't blue at the top. It kind of looks annoying looking at my Blu-rays compared to my HD DVDs. I see all red for HD DVD. and see two Blu-rays with silver spines right in the middle of the other two Blu-rays I own.

It's really just a stupid nit-pick, I know. I'm just trying to see what other people think of the slip cases for Blu-ray.
how do you get running scared on hd dvd???
Old 03-04-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slug View Post
...I bought the Running Scared import for HD DVD...
region-free, baby!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:50 AM

The slips do nothing for me either.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 AM

the artwork on most BR and HD DVD arent great.

also, for the amount of money we are paying, we should get an insert movie guide. on the title we just bought, that is very nice.

not just have a double sided cover art page and having to look through the case.

i much prefer artwork like album artwork, with alot of into and pics
Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
I got mine from Xploited Cinema. I think it was around $40 shipped when I got it, looked like it dropped down in price to $29.99. Well worth it, good transfer, it looks great. Bad thing is it comes in a digipack, with a slip cover. It doesn't include a regular HD DVD plastic case, the packaging is all cardboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelljd
the artwork on most BR and HD DVD arent great.

also, for the amount of money we are paying, we should get an insert movie guide. on the title we just bought, that is very nice.

not just have a double sided cover art page and having to look through the case.

i much prefer artwork like album artwork, with alot of into and pics
I concur.