Sony Blu-ray rebates. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Sony Blu-ray rebates.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I haven't really browsed the Blu-ray forums too much. But, how many people have send in for the $10 rebates that were included with Sony BD players? I'm just wondering if you actually took the UPC off from the Blu-ray, or if you made a copy of it. I'd love to get a few of these movies, and get $10 back, but I don't want to mutilate my packaging.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:50 PM

I actually got one the $10 rebates back today that was provided with PS3. I did notice something after sending the rebates - do they have the movies in the list or just from studio. I believe only one of them was in list.

It doesn't matter much, it only cost a stamp. Yes the UPC is removed - probably done so people will not return them later.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstewarth View Post
I actually got one the $10 rebates back today that was provided with PS3. I did notice something after sending the rebates - do they have the movies in the list or just from studio. I believe only one of them was in list.

It doesn't matter much, it only cost a stamp. Yes the UPC is removed - probably done so people will not return them later.
Are you saying that you sent in the rebates for only one movie that was on the rebates list?

I don't really want to destroy my packaging, so I think I'll try to find a decent printing paper, and try to scan the UPCs. My niece got me some gift cards to Target for Christmas, and I haven't used them yet. I think I might pick up X-Men The Last Stand, and try to get the rebates for that, and Click, and see what happens.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug View Post
Are you saying that you sent in the rebates for only one movie that was on the rebates list?

I don't really want to destroy my packaging, so I think I'll try to find a decent printing paper, and try to scan the UPCs. My niece got me some gift cards to Target for Christmas, and I haven't used them yet. I think I might pick up X-Men The Last Stand, and try to get the rebates for that, and Click, and see what happens.

No what I am saying ( for example - since the coupon is not mailed out ).

If I mail Prestige ( Buenu Vista ) with coupon that has "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back", "Gone in 60 Seconds", and "Enemy of the State" on it. Will I get the $10.

I didn't realized it might mean its only the 3 mention there - but I assume it meant any movie from studio.

I think the $10 is for MI-3 which was one of listed. The problem is that I purchase Blu-ray before I remember or knew the coupons were there. It is not a big deal, I would have purchase the movies any way.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:41 AM

The reason I didnt wanna do it is because I dont wanna cut into my UPC and destory my cases
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstewarth View Post
No what I am saying ( for example - since the coupon is not mailed out ).

If I mail Prestige ( Buenu Vista ) with coupon that has "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back", "Gone in 60 Seconds", and "Enemy of the State" on it. Will I get the $10.

I didn't realized it might mean its only the 3 mention there - but I assume it meant any movie from studio.

I think the $10 is for MI-3 which was one of listed. The problem is that I purchase Blu-ray before I remember or knew the coupons were there. It is not a big deal, I would have purchase the movies any way.
No, you cannot just send it in for any disc from the studio. It's only for the titles listed... the rebate forms have 3 titles per studio, and they are also listed at the website mentioned on the form. The website mentions that more titles will be added throughout the promotion, but as of now only list the same titles found on the rebate forms.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
No, you cannot just send it in for any disc from the studio. It's only for the titles listed... the rebate forms have 3 titles per studio, and they are also listed at the website mentioned on the form. The website mentions that more titles will be added throughout the promotion, but as of now only list the same titles found on the rebate forms.
I realized it too late. Like I said before, I purchase the movies anyway.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
The reason I didnt wanna do it is because I dont wanna cut into my UPC and destory my cases
'Tis the reason I don't want to do it. I think I'm going to try to cheat the system, and just make a copy of the UPC's for Click, and X-Men. It will cost me less than $1 to try it, and it's well worth the reward if it works.