"Rambo: First Blood Part II" and "Rambo III" (and maybe "Rambo") Blu-ray on May 27? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Default "Rambo: First Blood Part II" and "Rambo III" (and maybe "Rambo") Blu-ray on May 27?

From the TVShowsOnDVD.com staff at TV Guide:
Quote:
Today I'm thrilled to have learned, and be the first to tell you, that the second and third films are making their way to Blu-ray Disc! Lionsgate hasn't officially announced these yet, but thanks to my industry contacts I've recently had a look at their upcoming schedule of releases for April and May, and noted that it includes Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III with a planned street date of May 27th.

Please note that the date is tentative and still subject to change. In fact, if I were Lionsgate I would change it. I'd move it up a week and get it out on the 20th, so action film fans can pick these up and watch them during the long Memorial Day weekend, instead of missing that window by putting it out the day after the holiday.

Hey, maybe the studio can also bring us the newest film on Blu-ray at the same time? Or is that asking too much?

Well...we'll see. Rocky Balboa made it to home video just three months after its theatrical debut, so it wouldn't surprise me - at all - if Rambo makes it home by the end of May!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 PM

That's great news, but don't get on high horses : the masters from studio canal are about 7 years old, and will be akin to the HD-DVD out there ie not your favorite demo material.
They might do extra DVNR or EE but at the core, the masters will be the same.
This trilogy is in serious need of HD remastering, and supervised by Stallone. Unless I heard this news, I'll stick to the DVDs (which have the original colors and the original mixes).
Old 02-03-2008, 01:30 PM

I can hardly wait for Rambo II and III and now IV - will even buy the Trilogy box set if it's available - and thereby double dip on the First Blood purchase!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:12 PM

I will rebuy this whole collection on Blu-ray.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:43 PM

Think im going to just stick with First Blood. I liked the new movie but dont think I would watch it more than once or twice, too much gore for me.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowhite View Post
I will rebuy this whole collection on Blu-ray.

Me too. Hopefully they make a box set.