Black Snake Moan and Hustle & Flow on Blu-ray... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-01-2008, 04:23 PM

Default Black Snake Moan and Hustle & Flow on Blu-ray...

Okay, so I want to get both of these on HDM. Even though I have both on SD DVD (and read the review about Hustle & Flow which would indicate that an upgrade is hardly worth it), I'm a stubborn completist who wants them both.

Even though I'm purpled up I've decided that, for now, the only HD-DVD titles that I'm going to pick up for the time being are exclusives (at least until the format can pick itself up off the deck and show some signs of a post-Warner comeback).

Since both of these titles were released by the same studio (Paramount, before they made the switch to HD-DVD exclusivity) I would've liked to have picked them up on a BOGO to save some money. However, it's been so long since Paramount stopped putting these out that I'm guessing that's not gonna happen. Is it safe to say that this is pretty much the case?

Looking around online, Best Buy, Circuit City, Deep Discount, DVD Planet, and Frys did not have both titles available on BRD. Amazon has them both listed, but at $28 for BSM and $21 for H&F. Should I just bite the bullet and get them there, resigned to the fact that getting them at that price is better than not getting them at all?
Old 02-01-2008, 04:40 PM

Just look at prices for "Shooter" on Amazon starting out at $53.85. I'd say those are very good prices for two movies that are no longer in print on Blu-ray and that won't be for the foreseeable future. If they're movies that you enjoy that much and that you'd really like to have, go for it. The only better prices that you may find for those would be for a used copy, and even then a lot of people are going to know they're out of print. It's extremely unlikely that they'd ever be in a Buy One, Get One sale anytime soon.