'Sopranos, Season Six Pt 1' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Sopranos, Season Six Pt 1' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth Brown's review of the first half of the last season of 'The Sopranos' is up, and it earns a whopping 4.5 stars (out of 5) for both audio and video in this Blu-ray edition. Unfortunately the slim and uninteresting supplements on this one drag it down, but regardless, 'The Sopranos' has never looked this good.

Full Review:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/sopranos_s6p1.html
Old 06-11-2007, 01:37 PM

i've never got a chance to see and watch the sopranos because my family never paid extra for hbo. i've always had a strong urge to start watching but since i got into hd, i wana wait till all of the box sets come out on hd. last night was the finale and ALL of my friends said that it was an awful finale but oh well, i'm sure its an incredible series. i'm a giant fan of the mafia in cinema and the mafia depicted, and i really think that i might just buy all of the seasons on dvd and this one in hd cuz i cant wait any longer.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
i've never got a chance to see and watch the sopranos because my family never paid extra for hbo. i've always had a strong urge to start watching but since i got into hd, i wana wait till all of the box sets come out on hd. last night was the finale and ALL of my friends said that it was an awful finale but oh well, i'm sure its an incredible series. i'm a giant fan of the mafia in cinema and the mafia depicted, and i really think that i might just buy all of the seasons on dvd and this one in hd cuz i cant wait any longer.
It's just about the best series I have ever seen on TV. I would also like to add the the finale was not awful, I give it a 3/5 while the whole series gets a 5/5. I love series like Seinfeld, Lost, Rome, Heroes etc. but Sopranos is absolutely number 1!

This series actually makes almost every mobster movies look amateurish...
Old 06-11-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxx View Post
It's just about the best series I have ever seen on TV. I would also like to add the the finale was not awful, I give it a 3/5 while the whole series gets a 5/5. I love series like Seinfeld, Lost, Rome, Heroes etc. but Sopranos is absolutely number 1!

This series actually makes almost every mobster movies look amateurish...
yeah, the thing with me is that i always plan on watching shows like that on tv but never do. the thing with me for some reason is that i love the kind of cinema like lost, heroes, of course the sopranos, and all of that stuff, but i usually watch mostly comedy shows on tv and mtv (i'm 17) and i save all the really good stuff for the movies.

but i do love the shield!!! and i bet though that i would enjoy the sopranos alot more.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:06 PM

I am thinking about blind buying this. Did anyone see the last episode Sunday night(probably a dumb question considering the topic of this thread, I realize)?? That ending was TERRIBLE!! I felt the shows creator(s) did not care about their loyal fans and it showed with that ''ending''. I felt as though they were just giving us the finger and laughing all the way to the bank!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:27 PM

So it looks like WB is repackaging these to match the style of the first season... at least that's what the pics on Amazon now look like....

Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 PM

I moused over the thread and thought Ken was back for minute- man, what a let-down it was to see it was an old thread. Though it wouldn't make any sense, since jed posted it.

Need season 3,4 and 5 and I'll be good. 6 and 6 & 1/2, not worth the upgrade for me.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHunt View Post
I moused over the thread and thought Ken was back for minute- man, what a let-down it was to see it was an old thread. Though it wouldn't make any sense, since jed posted it.

Need season 3,4 and 5 and I'll be good. 6 and 6 & 1/2, not worth the upgrade for me.
that's the only reason why i visit bd.com from time to time

are season 6 parts 1 and 2 not worth the upgrade because of the print quality or because of how much you liked the season?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
that's the only reason why i visit bd.com from time to time

are season 6 parts 1 and 2 not worth the upgrade because of the print quality or because of how much you liked the season?
Based on season alone, never seen the BD. 6, not a fan. 6 & 1/2 has some great episodes though, really becoming some of my favorites the more I watch it. I'll take that quote back on 6 1/2, solid season.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Former Member

i've seen that boxart pic before, but i have yet to see a copy packaged in line with the first season. i want s6p1 and 2 in the new versions, rather than the dvd sized boxes, if they did indeed make the change.