APOCALYPTO preorder up on amazon! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM

Default APOCALYPTO preorder up on amazon!

Amazon preorder is up and is listed for May 22 release!

http://www.amazon.com/Apocalypto-Sub...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Last edited by TauHeel05; 03-01-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM

Semi-confirmed at DVD Pacific. I guess an official press release will be issued very soon (today?).
Old 03-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Excited to buy this. Didn't see it in the theatres, but will definitely add to my collection.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM

The movie was decent. It did not deserve all the criticisms it received. When you go see a Mel Gibson movie about the decay of the Mayan civilization, don't be surprise to see gruesome details of sacrificial rituals.

The cinematography and sound of this movie will make ideal reference material for HD ...provided the audience are all adults.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:39 PM

Uhhhhg I hate Mel Gibson. It's really a shame cause I love the Mad Max series.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM

I just can't buy anything from that wackjob. He and Tom Cruise can take a flying leap off a couch together because I will never purchase a single item from either of them again. I don't care if they created the next Star Wars....won't happen.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:56 PM

I think people should look at actors, politicians, sports stars, ect. all in the same light-are they doing well at thier jobs? I personally don't care about their personal lives, but if they are doing their jobs then I will support them. And in this case, Tom Cruise is a good actor, I am certainly not going to let his personal life get in the way of me enjoying one of his movies.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick2006 View Post
I think people should look at actors, politicians, sports stars, ect. all in the same light-are they doing well at thier jobs? I personally don't care about their personal lives, but if they are doing their jobs then I will support them. And in this case, Tom Cruise is a good actor, I am certainly not going to let his personal life get in the way of me enjoying one of his movies.
Well in my opinion, buy supporting their films, you support what they promote in their personal life, since they use one to prop up and promote the other. Had they never mentioned anything about their personal opinoins and religious beliefs, sure, however, that isn't the case. Once they try to start selling society on their beliefs and misconceptions, the only way they have any sort of platform to do that would be because of their fame and money. Lacking both, they would just be standing on the soap box jabbering away like people do on Sunday's in Hyde Park.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 PM

IMHO, he doesn't promote his personal views with the movies or viceversa. They are completely different things.
Now if he made a movie about hating the jews or something I would completely understand you.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osko View Post
IMHO, he doesn't promote his personal views with the movies or viceversa. They are completely different things.
Now if he made a movie about hating the jews or something I would completely understand you.
agreed. I myself can seperate the person for the movie. I might or might not agree with Mel/Tom or anybody else out there on many things but that dosent take away from their acting or directing or whatever else it might be.

Second, isnt it us who feed into their lives? Its because we as a society are obsessed with them that they are chased, and spyed upon and anything the say is taken out of perportion.

I myself for example believe in all religions so I have nothing against Jewish people but that dosent stop me from making "jew" jokes. I throw them out there all the time yet nobody cares and im sober. the minute Mel did it while drunk, "omg, he hates the Jews, make him appolegize, he is against are people". Suddenly hes treated as if he can conducted the holocaust himself yet I can like i said, throw those out there and people just laugh and its done and over with. Nobody looks at me and says "wow, sob must hate jews"