Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Attebery is offline Member

Default 'Wall Street' High-Def Digest Review

Just posted Peter's review of 'Wall Street.' He says the film is still entertaining and thematically relevant more than twenty years after its release. This Blu-ray release doesn't offer much in the way of an upgrade from 2007's standard-def DVD, but it does have some good supplements and behind the scenes information that make it worth picking up if you don't already have the previous DVD.

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1222/wallstreet.html

Nighthawk is offline Member

Please tell Peter to correct the listing under the sidebar Video Resolution/Codec to AVC MPEG-4
    A Movie Request to Hollywood:
    "The Raid" - based on the book by Benjamin F. Schemmer.
    It is the true story of the U.S. Special Forces raid on the Son Tay prison camp located 23 miles from Hanoi, in an effort to rescue 70 POWs on Nov. 21, 1970.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_tay_raid

The raiders were led by SF legends Col. "Bull" Simons and Maj. Richard Meadows.
    Both men are memorialized with statues at Ft. Bragg, N.C.

joey0480 is offline Member

eek 2 1/2 on audio and video...eh
    Samsung JS9000
    Pioneer SC-95 Receiver
    Energy RC-70 Front Speakers, RC-LCR center, C-R100 Rear/Side Dipole Speakers, Energy RC-500 rear speakers
    Velodyne DLS-4000R 12 inch subwoofer
    MS Tag JohnMatrix Lied
    PSN Joey0480

Neutral101 is offline Member

Was this film shot in 2:35 ratio? I swore it was 1:85.
    My system:
    Projector - 1080p Runco Video Xtreme VX-2000d
    Screen - 120 inch Carada
    Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray player
    Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD player
    Onkyo TX-NR905 receiver
    Martin Logan Clarity Speakers

Mr Bobby is offline Member

That review paints a very disappointing picture of this release. I was looking forward to getting it. But, I may have to pass on this particular release. Maybe they'd re-release it like Sony did with The Fifth Element. Or, double-dip like WB did with the now 2 different Blu-ray versions of Full Metal Jacket.

Makes you feel sorry for the people who don't utilize websites such as this one, and would buy a movie like this with great expectations... Movies with **1/2 PQ/AQ rating should sell for 1/2 the MSRP...
    Setup Pictures - 92_____SteelBooks - 24
    XBOX LIVE: Ashamed Pegasus_____PSN: Ashamed Pegasus_____ebay: fear_da_turtle

Arkadin is offline Member

sounds like another disaster from Fox.
    not surprising I guess considering it's a catalog release.
    oh well. maybe they'll get "Battle of Britain" right.
    who knows at this point.
    very dissapointing, but I will buy just to see if it is truly this dreadful.
    I really want to see what I think of this before completely condemning it.

Scripture is offline Member

This line dashed my hopes, "which is certainly one of the weakest catalog efforts I've seen yet from Fox." Yep, very disappointed with the effort here Fox. I'll pass on this one for now.
    Samsung BD-P1600
    Toshiba HD-A2
    Sony 52" Bravia XBR4
    Yamaha RX-V659 (5.1)

--- In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.

Logan510 is offline Member

I would've double dipped on this one, but after that review I won't. I don't know what it is, but it seems that a lot of the catalog releases I'd be interested in....Robocop, Diehard, Predator and now Wallstreet are getting such shoddy treatment. It doesn't give me much hope that Alien or Aliens will receive any better when they are eventually released on Blu-ray. Oh well, at least Bladerunner was awesome.

crobert0247 is offline Member

I'm still going to get it if I can get it at a decent price. I don't own any previously released DVD version. I've just watched it on TV whenever its been on. Such an entertaining movie.

BLU HD DEFENDER is offline formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

ive come to learn you cant allways trust the reviews alot of times. there are a lot of catalog titles i own that are given poor reviews yet look fantastic on my hd projector.
    411 and rising as of November 22 2008 http://www.dvdspot.com/member=BLU+HD+DEFENDER
    as of Nov 22nd, all sales by me include signature confirmation upon delivery
    Samsung BD-P 1500(firmware upated to profile 2.0 )
    DLP 1080p Projector
    miss you dad 3-13-2008

zaphod is offline Member

Fuck Fox. I'm seriously pissed off and need to vent. To me, this is one of the most memorable movies of my tender youth and it's probably singlehandedly responsible for the fact that I didn't go to business school . I probably would have picked this up despite the crappy AQ/PQ since for some reason I never got around to buying the SD. But guess what, it's Fox, so even though the film is from 1987 it's region coded! I should be used to that crap by now but it still gets to me.
    Fuck Fox. They can take their movies and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. I hope they get wiped out by that crashing satellite!
    A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Scripture is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
    Fuck Fox. I'm seriously pissed off and need to vent. To me, this is one of the most memorable movies of my tender youth and it's probably singlehandedly responsible for the fact that I didn't go to business school . I probably would have picked this up despite the crappy AQ/PQ since for some reason I never got around to buying the SD. But guess what, it's Fox, so even though the film is from 1987 it's region coded! I should be used to that crap by now but it still gets to me.
    Fuck Fox. They can take their movies and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. I hope they get wiped out by that crashing satellite!
    Tell us how you really feel, zaphod! Yes though, I do agree with you. There's really no excuse for this kind of poor transfer at this juncture in the game.
    Samsung BD-P1600
    Toshiba HD-A2
    Sony 52" Bravia XBR4
    Yamaha RX-V659 (5.1)

--- In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.

jroadley is offline Member

And its region locked so us in the UK don't get to see it!*

*Yet
    Jonathan Roadley
    DVD/HD-DVD/BD Collection

Thanks to the review, I'll be passing on this one, I already own the newer SD release and this is unfortunately not really an upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast