'Enter the Dragon' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-01-2007, 01:19 AM
PeterB

Default 'Enter the Dragon' -- pre-release buzz

Warner has announced two new ones for Blu-ray:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...on_Blu-ray/497

Good to see them continuing to catch up with HD DVD. Quality on this one should certainly be up to snuff as well.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:25 AM

this is for ME!!!!! Bruce Lee = God
Old 03-01-2007, 05:42 AM

Will thease be the first Total HD disk?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.starwars View Post
Will thease be the first Total HD disk?
Its been out on HD DVD for a while.

This is a must buy for me on BD. Bruce Lee = The Man
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 AM

This is by far one of the best Bruce Lee movies, though I tend to have a spot in my heart for #1 with the Chinese launguage version of Chinese Connection. Just something about that movie...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
This is by far one of the best Bruce Lee movies, though I tend to have a spot in my heart for #1 with the Chinese launguage version of Chinese Connection. Just something about that movie...
C'mon man, how could you call it Chinese connection? Its Fist of Fury!!

And of course our Fist of Fury is really The Big Boss.

My favorite Bruce movie is Way of the Dragon, aka Return of the Dragon in the US. Bruce wrote and directed that one and it had the best fight scence of all time, Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris in the collesium.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
C'mon man, how could you call it Chinese connection? Its Fist of Fury!!

And of course our Fist of Fury is really The Big Boss.

My favorite Bruce movie is Way of the Dragon, aka Return of the Dragon in the US. Bruce wrote and directed that one and it had the best fight scence of all time, Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris in the collesium.
Ken, it was good, but a bit cheesy, especially the Chuck Norris fight. The best part of that movie is when he fights those guys in the alley and goes....."Dragon whipping tail." *smack*

Chinese Connection/Fists of Fury (whatever you call it) is hard to beat....the part where he goes into the Japanese dojo and smacks down everyone in the joint....that was da bomb. The fight with the Russian in the garden, where he starts waving his hands around and you get that blur effect (something mimiced by everyone in the industry), is classic.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Ken, it was good, but a bit cheesy, especially the Chuck Norris fight. The best part of that movie is when he fights those guys in the alley and goes....."Dragon whipping tail." *smack*

Chinese Connection/Fists of Fury (whatever you call it) is hard to beat....the part where he goes into the Japanese dojo and smacks down everyone in the joint....that was da bomb. The fight with the Russian in the garden, where he starts waving his hands around and you get that blur effect (something mimiced by everyone in the industry), is classic.
The scene of chen zen beating the entire japanese dojo is a classic indeed, you might want to check out the Jet li remake Fist of legend with yuen wu ping fight choreography at its best. Fearless is actually somewhat of a prequel to the story here, Chen Zen's master who is killed in a match at the begining of the movie is the master who Jet Li plays in Fearless and is poisened and killed in the match at the end.

The fight choreography in way of the dragon was far superior to fist of fury. The plot is very simple but the essence of the film was to display chinese martial arts superiority over other styles. The fight scene with Chuck is considered one of the best ever by martial arts fans, it was based on Bruce's Jeet Kun do philosophy. Bruce was losing the fight until he loosened up and broke down chuck's style. You have to look past chuck's hairy chest to appreciate the depth of that fight... my second favorite bruce fight scene is Bruce vs O'hara in Enter the dragon.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
The scene of chen zen beating the entire japanese dojo is a classic indeed, you might want to check out the Jet li remake Fist of legend with yuen wu ping fight choreography at its best. Fearless is actually somewhat of a prequel to the story here, Chen Zen's master who is killed in a match at the begining of the movie is the master who Jet Li plays in Fearless and is poisened and killed in the match at the end.

The fight choreography in way of the dragon was far superior to fist of fury. The plot is very simple but the essence of the film was to display chinese martial arts superiority over other styles. The fight scene with Chuck is considered one of the best ever by martial arts fans, it was based on Bruce's Jeet Kun do philosophy. Bruce was losing the fight until he loosened up and broke down chuck's style. You have to look past chuck's hairy chest to appreciate the depth of that fight... my second favorite bruce fight scene is Bruce vs O'hara in Enter the dragon.
Man can't wait for Enter the Dragon on Blu-ray. Bruce even showed some early grappling when the slapped on that wierd behind the back hold on Samo (the chubby fighter at the beggining)
Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM

I will only buy it if gets a better review then the HD version got.