Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Attebery is offline Member

Default ‘Resident Evil - The High Definition Trilogy’ – High-Def Digest Review

Just posted Josh’s ‘Resident Evil - The High Definition Trilogy’ review. He recommends the package, particularly for fans who don’t already own 'Resident Evil: Apocalypse,' which was just released last year and is probably in their libraries already. For those looking to pick up the trilogy, plus a great assortment of extras, this as a reasonable way to get all three flicks for less money than buying them separately.

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1214...iltrilogy.html

joey0480 is offline Member

I agree with it. The first movie was the best with pq, followed by 3rd then the 2nd.

Good job! I picked it up since I didn't own the 2nd....I am very happy with the transfer of the first though.
    Samsung JS9000
    Pioneer SC-95 Receiver
    Energy RC-70 Front Speakers, RC-LCR center, C-R100 Rear/Side Dipole Speakers, Energy RC-500 rear speakers
    Velodyne DLS-4000R 12 inch subwoofer
    MS Tag JohnMatrix Lied
    PSN Joey0480

mrkiller is offline Member

I hated the first 2 movies, havn't seen the 3rd one, and probably will never see it.

Mr Bobby is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
    I hated the first 2 movies, haven't seen the 3rd one, and probably will never see it.
    Well, if you didn't enjoy the first two, then don't bother with the third.

Is the boxset 3 individual cases with a box to hold them like the Spidey trilogy? Otherwise I'm gonna pick up the trilogy seperately.
    Proud Member of the DC Fanboy Club

joey0480 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Is the boxset 3 individual cases with a box to hold them like the Spidey trilogy? Otherwise I'm gonna pick up the trilogy seperately.
    all individual cases, just like spidey
    Samsung JS9000
    Pioneer SC-95 Receiver
    Energy RC-70 Front Speakers, RC-LCR center, C-R100 Rear/Side Dipole Speakers, Energy RC-500 rear speakers
    Velodyne DLS-4000R 12 inch subwoofer
    MS Tag JohnMatrix Lied
    PSN Joey0480

Quote Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
    all individual cases, just like spidey
    Thank you!
    Proud Member of the DC Fanboy Club

ben1080p is offline Member

Whats the point of this review. Afterall,, you have reviewed all three seperately. No difference.
    Format Neutral
    BD:78 HD:85

Arch-Nemesis: ben1080i

Quote Originally Posted by dannyschmanny View Post
    epic ben1080p.......f***ing ....epic.
    Yea..im that awesome.

Recommended? No way. I'd say it's more along the lines of "for die-hard fans only" since the movies were pretty lousy.
    Last edited by theHDphantom; 04-16-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: "for die-hard lines only"?? Whoops, my bad. I indeed meant 'fans only'

ryoohki360 is offline Member

The first one is a pretty nice adaptation 'Theme', even if it's not the actual game, the feeling and how freaky the Umbrella Corp is in the game, all the test and DNA experience LOL!

All 3 movies follow each other in term of how Alice discover her power and her 'who is she'

Nicodimus22 is offline Member

I'm gonna have to pass on the Trilogy. I will pick up the first one though...if you add up the good parts of Apocalypse and Extinction and put them together, you still don't have as good a movie as the original.

BLU HD DEFENDER is offline formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

well thats your opinon and you are entitled to it, but there are a lot of people out here who really enjoyed these movies for the fun that they were.
    heck i had even spent the extra money to order the hd dvd import version, which i will be selling once i pick up the bluray box set.

the hd dvd version pissed me off though since it down converts to 480i unless you are watching it through a hdmi connection. so if you try watching it through component cables you cant watch in it hd. i held off buying resident evil 2 on hd dvd import for that reason.

ill prob be picking up the resident evil bluray box set on payday this thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
    Recommended? No way. I'd say it's more along the lines of "for die-hard lines only" since the movies were pretty lousy.
    411 and rising as of November 22 2008 http://www.dvdspot.com/member=BLU+HD+DEFENDER
    as of Nov 22nd, all sales by me include signature confirmation upon delivery
    Samsung BD-P 1500(firmware upated to profile 2.0 )
    DLP 1080p Projector
    miss you dad 3-13-2008

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Quote Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
    Whats the point of this review. Afterall,, you have reviewed all three seperately. No difference.
    We try to be thorough here.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Hi There, I'm new here. And have these 2 questions about this awesome Blu Ray release. Hope some of you are kind enough to help me answer them.

1. In the review/left side under technical specs, it says, Discs 1&3 are Region A/B/C. And Disc 2 is strictly Region A. Does this mean the box set snt completely region free? Im from Hoolland.

2. Is beneath picture a variation of the froncover of this Blu Ray boxset,
    or is this picture wrongly used by reviewers as baing the cover?

Thanks

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic_Distortion View Post
    1. In the review/left side under technical specs, it says, Discs 1&3 are Region A/B/C. And Disc 2 is strictly Region A. Does this mean the box set snt completely region free?
    I don't have a way of checking the data on the disc, and so must rely on the information provided by the studio. Apocalypse is only listed as Region A. That particular Blu-ray was originally released long before the other two, which is why its specs are so different in all respects.

2. Is beneath picture a variation of the froncover of this Blu Ray boxset,
    or is this picture wrongly used by reviewers as baing the cover?
    That is not the artwork on the box set released in the United States. Perhaps that art was used in other countries?
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast