Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Attebery is offline Member

Default 'Con Air' High-Def Digest Review

Just posted Kenneth's review of 'Con Air." He loves the film and says this Blu-ray release is a much needed upgrade over the standard DVD, providing fans with the audio and visual oomph they've been begging for.

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/637/conair.html

RandellG is offline Member

Agreed! Loved the movie and transfer
    Project-Blu: the new stop for Blu-ray reviews, news, articles, insider info,and the Amazon pre-order page.

Project-Blu on Facebook: Come and "LIKE" us.

HiRez is offline Member

Does anyone know if there's a big difference between the rated/unrated cut? I just bought this, but want to make sure I'm not missing out on too much. I've always liked this move, and I'm glad to see it's a worthwhile upgrade over the SD.

ccphilly1984 is offline HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

meh... just saw it on comcast the other day... it was on tnt HD... looks pretty good but i don't care to buy it now... spent enough money recently... it would compliment "being john malcovitch" or "next" on HD DVD though... hmmm... i might pick it up someday when it's on sale along with the rock.
    no signature pics allowed here? = lame

RandellG is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HiRez View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a big difference between the rated/unrated cut? I just bought this, but want to make sure I'm not missing out on too much. I've always liked this move, and I'm glad to see it's a worthwhile upgrade over the SD.
    There's only a 7-8 min difference in the two so it's not all that different.

115 min / USA:122 min (extended cut) / USA:123 min (extended version)
    Project-Blu: the new stop for Blu-ray reviews, news, articles, insider info,and the Amazon pre-order page.

Project-Blu on Facebook: Come and "LIKE" us.

Emoney7 is offline Member

Great action flick!! And it finally gets a decent review for what it is...... some of the best villians ever put on screen as well.

I thought the picture was one the best catalog transfers I have seen yet, I really don't know what edge enhancement is and I really dont want anybody to explain it to me, cuz then I'll start noticing it

4 1/2 PQ for me
    Main Setup: Mitsubishi 63" DLP/Panny BD30/HD-A35/Onkyo 705/ Sony 7.1 speaker setup.
    My Blu's: 127 My Red's: 66 Check out my Collection and Top Movie Lists Here! http://filmcrave.com/profile_home.php?id=3310

Ii was a far cry from the SD though. Why in the world you/they put the trailer in SD but not HD. I don't understand that. The same goes for the extras,you get to enjoy the movie in HD,but bam to hit you with SD when comes to extras. I don't care for extras anymore.
    Soccer Is the REAL football.

ASIA911 is offline Member

Totally disagreed with Kenneth and his rating system for movie reviews. Stop with overating the movies and abusing the rating system. So you're saying Pan's Labyrinth is 1/2 better than this movie? I'm using that as an example. This movie highest mark should at around 3 stars and no more.

aygie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYRedBullFan View Post
    Ii was a far cry from the SD though. Why in the world you/they put the trailer in SD but not HD. I don't understand that. The same goes for the extras,you get to enjoy the movie in HD,but bam to hit you with SD when comes to extras. I don't care for extras anymore.
    I love it. You get your buddies round, you show them the high def picture, they say meh, you show the SD picture, they say f**king wow!!
    Sharp Aquos LC42XD1E (1080p)
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    PS3 250GB HD
    A.E Aego T Speakers (5.1)
    Mac Pro
    Sky HD

taygan315 is offline Member

Saw this for $18.96 at Walmart. May have to pick it up.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"

Brade is offline Member

It might be "big dumb fun," but that's no excuse for one of the worst attempts at a southern accent in cinema history, as attempted by Nicholas Cage. He promises to be rewarded for his efforts at this year's Crummy Awards and go down in lousymovienight.com history...

Ken Brown is offline Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ASIA911 View Post
    Totally disagreed with Kenneth and his rating system for movie reviews. Stop with overating the movies and abusing the rating system. So you're saying Pan's Labyrinth is 1/2 better than this movie? I'm using that as an example. This movie highest mark should at around 3 stars and no more.
    I understand your frustration. Think of it this way though:

I have different expectations approaching a film like 'Pan's Labyrinth' than I do with 'Con Air.' Comparing the two is like comparing apples and charging elephants. Instead, compare the rating for 'Con Air' to other actioners, and compare the rating of 'Pan's Labyrinth' to other dark fantasies.

People enjoy movies from different genres for a variety of reasons. If I had to place the two in comparison, 'Pan's Labyrinth' would win by a mile. But that doesn't mean I can enjoy both for different reasons. It doesn't mean both can't be 4 or 4.5 stars when compared to my expectations and their relative genres.

Anyway, hope that clarifies! Thanks as always for posting!

Son of Odin is offline Member

I agree with the Ken. every film has to be approached differently. to me con air is one of my favorite action movies. in the action genre it's a 4 star film. in the fantasy/horror category Pan's is around 4 star as well. the cast is really what makes con air a very good action flick. the the plot wasn't as bad as nick's accent.

shanester is offline Member

This film was a lot of fun. I also get kick out of so called "serious" actors like John Malkovitch popping up in mindless films like these...and over acting
    Last edited by shanester; 01-17-2008 at 08:47 AM.

joeymac is offline Member

..."Put the bunny back in the box"

Genius. Best line cage has ever delivered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast