'Good Luck Chuck' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Good Luck Chuck' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Peter's review of 'Good Luck Chuck.' Like most, he *hated* the movie itself (it's one of the all-time turkeys at Rotten Tomatoes, with a 3% fresh rating), but as a Blu-ray release he says it fares much better, with good audio and video and supplements that are appropriate to the tone of the film. Whether or not that makes it worthy of a rental is up to you....

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1221/goodluckchuck.html
Old 01-15-2008, 01:48 AM

good review... though is movie is not even rent worthy.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:08 AM

I'm not going to lie, I ordered this. Got caught up on buying everything HD related.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:22 AM

i blind bought it to stare at jessica alba. i know it will be horrible because dane cook is in it
Old 01-15-2008, 02:56 AM

Even though the movie soundtrack may not be worthy, props to Lionsgate for the uncompressed PCM 7.1 audio. A trend I hope they continue. Hopefully some of the other studios are taking notes
Old 01-15-2008, 03:00 AM

Default Alba HATES Dane Cook

Don't know much about Dane Cook sounds like an ass if this story is true. Alba would leave the set right after shooting, Cook stayed and filmed sex scenes telling acteress they might be in the movie. Alba is so hot why would you piss her off?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/200801...c60bd6d_1.html
Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 AM

So Dane Cook is a horse's ass. On the other hand, those women he tricked must be pretty damn stupid too. Oh well. Some of his standup is funny and he was pretty good in Mr. Brooks. Still, I expect he's going to fade out in the not-too-distant future at this rate. As for this movie, not even a rent after reading this review.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorataz View Post
Don't know much about Dane Cook sounds like an ass if this story is true. Alba would leave the set right after shooting, Cook stayed and filmed sex scenes telling acteress they might be in the movie. Alba is so hot why would you piss her off?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/200801...c60bd6d_1.html
Thats pretty funny actually
Old 01-15-2008, 05:26 AM

If your looking for a shit alba movie just get in the blue, at lest she is half naked the entire movie and had a lot of perverted pause and zoom in shots. I give that movie 4 out of 5 stars because it could have won in oscar if alba and the other girl had ditched paul walker and had a nude underwater sex scene
Old 01-15-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
Judging from ‘Chuck,’ Hollywood is thoroughly preoccupied with breast implants and the sexual desires of morbidly obese women, yet because there’s no subtext to the film's button-pushing or its relentless misogyny and homophobia, it merely comes across as juvenile -- the cinematic equivalent of the bratty kid who giggled through Sex Ed in grade school and deserved a good, swift kick in the nuts.
This is brilliantly phrased

Agree totally with the review of the film...