Does anyone recommend Blade Runner? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-14-2008, 01:56 PM

Default Does anyone recommend Blade Runner?

I keep hearing blade runner is this and Blade runner is that. But I wasnt sure if the movies worth the rather large price tag it has for Blu-Ray. Does anyone have it on Blu-Ray and would recommend it to me?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM

Blade Runner is one of the best sci-fi/cyberpunk movies ever. And it has inspired numerous movies. Don't worry about it being rather old, it does not look dated and it is still just as good.

The price is not really that high, considering how many versions of the movie you get.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabiose View Post
Blade Runner is one of the best sci-fi/cyberpunk movies ever. And it has inspired numerous movies. Don't worry about it being rather old, it does not look dated and it is still just as good.

The price is not really that high, considering how many versions of the movie you get.
Is there really any difernces between the Versions of the movie?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:39 PM

If you are asking about the differences between the original theatrical release, the non-director's cut and this definitive version. Yes. The theatrical cut had a mono-log narration by Decker (which was used to spoon feed the brain dead audience). The end was also substantially different, with Decker and Rachael "riding off into the sunset" on all but this latest version. However, the only one I truly care about is the definitive version that came with the new set.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh Drown View Post
I keep hearing blade runner is this and Blade runner is that. But I wasnt sure if the movies worth the rather large price tag it has for Blu-Ray. Does anyone have it on Blu-Ray and would recommend it to me?
I highly recommend the BD of Blade Runner. It's a beautiful movie, and was a very well done transfer despite it's age (like 2001).
Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 PM

My all time FAV. Man, Sean Young looked stunning..
Old 01-14-2008, 02:56 PM

This is arguably the best High Def release to date (either HD or Blu). When you consider the 5 different cuts and the wealth of additional features that comes in the package, it is an amazing deal. The film itself has such an incredible story behind it from initial conception to the troubled production. The Dangerous Days documentary which is 3+ hours long is facinating!! This is a definate buy!!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:09 PM

Spectacular set. I paid for the Ultimate Briefcase and don't regret it at all. Easily the best HD release yet, and one of the best DVD releases in years.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:22 PM

When I first saw the film, when it was released in 1982, I was less than impressed. While it looked great, at that time, I found the narrative a bit slow and plodding. I had not seen the film since then, but with the HDM release, all I can say is that I have gained a new appreciation for this film. The new "Director's" version is much more fleshed out in the narrative. Be advised that this is not a popcorn sci-fi movie. If you are looking for Star Wars or Terminator, this will not live up to your expectations. Blade Runner is a much more thought provoking movie than a razzle-dazzle special effects extravaganza, even though the HD transfer has given this film a fantastic look that will surely show off anyone's home theatre to the best of its ability. If you can get into the film's storyline, Blade Runner is what high def media in the home is all about.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:28 PM

I wouldnt call $27 a large price tag for a 5 disc set, but its definately worth the money. great movie and awesome package.