Future Simpsons Season Box Sets - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2008, 03:27 AM

Default Future Simpsons Season Box Sets

Sorry if this has been discussed.
But is there a good chance for future simpsons season box sets to release on Blu-Ray?
Season 10 was the latest, isn't it time for a HD box set, or due to it being a cartoon from the 90's (besides latest episodes) we will not get that? Untill more into 15?+
Old 01-13-2008, 03:32 AM
O_o

I was just asking this recently. No word yet. I would just like to see them in SD but on BD discs to minimize shelf space. Something like Seasons 1-4 on two BD discs would be great. Watching my SD DVD of the show on PS3 looks amazing, I would rather that than say another 6 disc set per season. Too much shelf space needed and the show is renewed another few seasons.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:41 AM

Haha, yeah, I had watched season 1-10, and truly stunning on DVD with my PS3 in use.
But I can't can't help but think if they would release them on (HD) BD.
But SD is good enough as long as they jam each disk with as many episodes they could.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 AM

I think the show is made in SD. It certainly is still airing in SD years after HD broadcasts have become common.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:56 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Sevens View Post
I think the show is made in SD. It certainly is still airing in SD years after HD broadcasts have become common.
I agree. I don't think any of the seasons were made in HD.

Simpson's Movie looked amazing in HD!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:22 AM

While I'm not sure how much 'The Simpsons' (especially the early seasons) would benefit from HD, I'd love to see 'Futurama' get the Blu-ray treatment.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:50 AM

I don't think Simpsons series will be released on Blu-ray anytime soon.

Because the series would just not look good.The first seasons not only had bad artistic design, I'm not even sure if it would be technically possible to extract higher resolution. The later seasons appear to be made in digital form, so that would increase the possibility of getting HD resolution.

But the whole series is unfortunately 4:3, and so far I have not seen a single 4:3 HD disc release.

Personally I would still buy a Blu-ray release of simpsons, say instead of resolution, maybe they could bundle like 5 seasons on one disc
Old 01-13-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabiose View Post
I don't think Simpsons series will be released on Blu-ray anytime soon.

Because the series would just not look good.The first seasons not only had bad artistic design, I'm not even sure if it would be technically possible to extract higher resolution. The later seasons appear to be made in digital form, so that would increase the possibility of getting HD resolution.
Bad artistic design is not a reason for it not being released on Blu-ray.
It's just the way it was designed at that time.

As for the 4:3, that could be a potential problem, but like some people said already: a SD Simpsons collection on Blu-ray would save a lot of shelving space.

Such a set won't come cheap I'd guess..
Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 AM

The only Era of the show that would look any better without 'overhauling' the coloring would be Season 14 and up since S14 implimented digital coloring. Otherwise, there'd be little reason to go blu with the show.

Besides, the first 9 seasons are the only ones worth owning. If the rest of the series were to be released on Blu, the suckiness would come through with amazing clarity.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 AM

Personally, I don't see any reason the Simpsons to go Blu-Ray. Seeing as how their done in SD, putting them on an HD format would be pointless (except for later seasons which are in computer animation).