Question about upcoming movies with a TBA release date. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-12-2008, 01:19 PM

Default Question about upcoming movies with a TBA release date.

Movies I am dying to have like charle's angels, sin city, and moulin rouge have all been showed in blu-ray trailers. My question is why are all these titles and the rest taking so long to even b anounced a release date? Aren't the movies already transfered into blu if there showing a trailer with hi-def clips from it? What exactly is the hold up here? Why does it take so long to transfer old movies to blu?
Old 01-12-2008, 01:50 PM

You can have a high-definition clip of any movie. Not that hard to make one and put it in the trailer.

I think they are just trying to take their time with these, especially Moulin Rouge and Sin City (since they are so highly-acclaimed). They want to make the best possible product they can.

However, I don't know about Charlie's Angels...
Old 01-12-2008, 02:08 PM

Sometimes the director wants to add special extras that the SD release didn't get or make a really special edition if the film means something special to the director. Such was the case with Close Encounters of the Third Kind.