Having regrets - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2008, 07:20 PM

Default Having regrets

I am beginning to beleive that I jumped into the BLu-ray band wagon before all the bugs were worked out.I love my Panasonic BD30 but have had problems with it freezing up.The worse so far was Sunshine that would not let me open the door or turn off the power I had to unplug it and start it over.Now I learn that doing the needed firmware update may cause audio dropouts in the bitstream.I am calling Panasonic to see if they know what is the problem.If it causes more problems than it fixes I may just go back to DVD till all this stuff is sorted out.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghaze42 View Post
I am beginning to beleive that I jumped into the BLu-ray band wagon before all the bugs were worked out.I love my Panasonic BD30 but have had problems with it freezing up.The worse so far was Sunshine that would not let me open the door or turn off the power I had to unplug it and start it over.Now I learn that doing the needed firmware update may cause audio dropouts in the bitstream.I am calling Panasonic to see if they know what is the problem.If it causes more problems than it fixes I may just go back to DVD till all this stuff is sorted out.

I think this makes a valid point. Not only do I think the general public had been waiting for a winner to emerge in the high def war, but also the winner will still be a realitive n00b in the field and bugs like this can be just as aggrevating to the average customer.

Early adaptors get all the fun, but also all the headaches as things get worked out.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghaze42 View Post
return it and get a ps3, they always work awesome.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone crusher View Post
return it and get a ps3, they always work awesome.
I am a Panasonic devotee.If the firmware does'nt solve the problem I will try to get another player if I experience it again i will give up on Blu-ray till all the bugs are worked out.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:17 PM

my PS3 has been very reliable. i say give it a try.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:24 PM

I love my PS3 and have not had any problems with it!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:01 PM

Oh, I see... Your a Pan Man.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:11 PM

I have been for over 20 years.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 PM

Good for you...Ever since I can remember (PS1, 1996) I've been a Sony fanboy. (I wish I could think of a rhyming word...pony?)
Old 01-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Formerly candymangt

Guys, I just bought the Panny, where I can check which FW that I have? So far ***knock on wood*** its been running fine. I may not upgrade FW unless I absolutely have to.......I did the same with A2 and A3, if it wasn't broke I didn't upgrade until everyone quit reporting issues, then I would update.