Bourne Identity BD remastered ? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Default Bourne Identity BD remastered ?

OK, it's bound to happen, sooner or later. I own the HD-DVD, but it's the original transfert from 2002, full of Edge Enhancement, and PQ that is acceptable, but certainly not up to date with the two others.

Who thinks it should be re-transfered and improved (without Edge Enhancement) and reissued on Blu ? on dual layer of course.

Of course, if they encode it with mpeg2 on 14gb of data like fox is doing for Commando and Predator, they might as well stop producing Blu-Rays altogether.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:11 PM

I think the HD DVD looks no worse than Bourne Supremacy. They are both solid in video quality. Bourne Ultimatum, on the other hand, looks outstanding compared to the other two.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:11 PM

Honestly, I think that a lot of the titles that will be coming from Warner soon (and Paramount & Universal when/if they go blu) will just be recycled transfers/encodes ported from HD DVD releases. It i'll be a quick and easy way to earn money with little investment.

That being said, I don't think Identity looks bad at all.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:29 PM

Well hopefully when it comes out on BD, it'll include a lossless track, PCM 5.1 or TrueHD.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:35 PM

i think identity looks top notch, it did get 4 stars for pq
Old 01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Honestly, I think that a lot of the titles that will be coming from Warner soon (and Paramount & Universal when/if they go blu) will just be recycled transfers/encodes ported from HD DVD releases. It i'll be a quick and easy way to earn money with little investment.

That being said, I don't think Identity looks bad at all.
QFT. Look at the Warner titles that were HD only, they could have easily been given a slight change, a la 300 where HD had ONE exclusive feature, and been released. These companies want to make the most w/ what they have. It's smart business.

Case in point: Star Wars action figures. They don't create new molds all that often on characters that they cannot alter to make a new character out of. They save tons of money re-issuing Clones with new paintjobs, not new body sculpts, as that would require new molds. The same principles really do apply here, really.