Why doesn't Warner Home Video release all titles with lossless audio like New Line? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2008, 02:33 AM

Default Why doesn't Warner Home Video release all titles with lossless audio like New Line?

New Line releases all of their titles with DTS-MA HD why can't Warner do the same with DD TrueHD, DTS-MA HD or LPCM? I hope they re-release titles without lossless audio. I would gladly buy The Last Samurai, The Aviator, and Michael Clayton if Warner Home Video released them with lossless audio. I hope the BDA negotiated in the Warner deal that all future releases have lossless audio, unlikely though.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:18 AM

I don't think Warner care that much. To take a fairly new release, Oceans Thirteen, they included only a DD+ track on both HD DVD and Blu-ray, and only 640 kbs at that. They could easily have put DD TrueHD, or upped the audio resolution on the DD+ track to 1,5 Mps without sacrificing anything on either the HD DVD or Blu-ray.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:25 AM

Yeah i hate this too, it makes no sense to me that they released big action movies like terminator 3 and superman returns without lossless audio, while the HD DVD version of superman returns got True HD audio...