The Departed *Spoiler* - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Default The Departed *Spoiler*

When I first got this movie I thought it was pretty good. It was definitely worth the money, but I couldn't see myself watching it again. Today I watched it for the second time and I understood it a lot more, now it is one of my favorite movies and Goodfellas is on sale for 14.99 so I might just get that too. My question is did the girl open the package and is that the reason why Dignam was in Sullivan's house at the end and shot him?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:54 PM

I suggest you to watch the original HK version called Infernal Affairs. Its a much better movie and its a actual trilogy and explain more.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:04 PM

Yes, we are led to assume that the girl opened the package, which probably contained instructions to tell notably, Dignam.

Probably the thing I rather enjoyed the most was the fact that Matt Damon was alluded as NOT the father of the baby, rather it was Leo, since Matt Damon was assumed to be well um..impotent.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Last edited by Onslaught X; 01-09-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Against View Post
When I first got this movie I thought it was pretty good. It was definitely worth the money, but I couldn't see myself watching it again. Today I watched it for the second time and I understood it a lot more, now it is one of my favorite movies and Goodfellas is on sale for 14.99 so I might just get that too. My question is did the girl open the package and is that the reason why Dignam was in Sullivan's house at the end and shot him?
dude, I know EXACTLY what you mean, the first time I watched it I was like wtf!! but I watched it a second time and I understood it, and right now its on my top 5 favorite films of ALL time! I can watch this movie each day and enjoy it, this moive is a masterpiece.

On the other hand, I havn't seen Goodfellas! is it better than The Departed ?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:41 AM

Wow I completely assumed that Sullivan was the father not Costigan!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:17 AM

I completely got that she opened the package and that is why Dignam was there to shoot Sullivan but I completely missed that Costigan would be the father of her baby.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:46 AM

I saw internal affairs and like departed alot more ,it is definately up there on my top ten,Braveheart still is #1
Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
I havn't seen Goodfellas! is it better than The Departed ?
Different than. You cannot really compare the two.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:10 AM

I didn't even think that the baby was Costigan's. Just one question, how do we know Sullivan is impotent? I haven't seen Goodfellas either but it seems like another crime movie by Martin Scorsese so I think it's gonna be very good.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:52 AM

Goodfellas is another movie which should be recalled and replaced with an exchange program : around the 1h20 mark, there's a huge line scratch appearing from top to bottom in the middle of the image, while DeNiro talks. I find this unacceptable on HD, especially as the rest of the movie looks OK (but I have a feeling it's mastered from an interneg, the image moves up and down the whole movie, it's especially clear on the credits or where a title card appear). WTF ?!