Movie Scenes - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2008, 10:32 AM

Default Movie Scenes

Hi All,

I have what might be a weird question. One of the things that got me into Blu-ray was seeing a demo display at BestBuy. The scenes they were looping just seemed like live action, and not a movie.

Now as it stands right now, I have a Sharp 32D62U and a Sony BDP-S300 at home. I've noticed that most of my blu-ray movies, there are scenes that seem to look exactly like the demo disc at BestBuy, and then other scenes in the same movie look like a movie.

There are a few movies that stand out and look like live action the whole way through, such as Kingdom of Heaven.

Are these kind of the norm with blu-ray? Are some scenes going to inherently live action and some more "movie" like? Or should I be seeing more uniform performance like Kingdom of Heaven.

I guess what I'm worried about is, if its equipment problem.

Thanks all for the help.