Disney's New $10 Off Promotion - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 AM

Lightbulb Disney's New $10 Off Promotion

Disney has stated a new promotion with "The Rock", "Con Air" & "Crimson Tide" Blu-Ray titles that if you already own the DVD version and purchase the Blu-Ray version of the movie they will send you a check for $10. The offer is good as long as you purchase the movie by 12/31/08. This is clearly a move for people to replace their DVD versions of movies with the new Blu-Ray versions. All you need is the proof of purchase tab, or UPC, from your DVD plus the proof of purchase, or UPC, from your Blu-Ray, plus the invoice/receipt for your Blu-Ray to get the $10 back.

There is a catch though...Although Disney will take the proof of purchase from any version of any of the 3 films they will only issue a $10 check once. So if you own all 3 of the movies and bought all 3 Blu-Ray discs you only get 1 $10 check since the offer is limited to 1 per household.

It is a nice offer though and it would be interesting to see if other studios following the same trend to make people switch from DVD to Blu-Ray easier. It also shows Blu-Ray feels the next step is not defeating Blu-Ray, which it most likely has already done, but focusing people on upgrading to Blu-Ray high def.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:17 AM

I hate these things where you have to cut the UPCs out of your slip covers. They make my covers look ugly as hell, and I think I'd rather take the $10 loss, myself.

Good looking out, though.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus Prime View Post
I hate these things where you have to cut the UPCs out of your slip covers. They make my covers look ugly as hell, and I think I'd rather take the $10 loss, myself.

Good looking out, though.
I agree! This actually brings up the only thing I did like about the old Warner DVD cardboard cases. The PoP was tucked inside and you could easily tear them away without defacing the cover.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:11 AM

I'd rather wait until the titles I want are on sale.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 AM

I have those titles on DVD, but since I purchased them 5+ years ago I don't have the reciepts. This sounds like a stupid idea. I guess if you are purchasing HD products you might still be out there getting DVD catalog titles(that are coming to BD)?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:47 AM

not worth the trouble.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rking4441 View Post
I have those titles on DVD, but since I purchased them 5+ years ago I don't have the reciepts. This sounds like a stupid idea. I guess if you are purchasing HD products you might still be out there getting DVD catalog titles(that are coming to BD)?
According to the $10 form you only need the Blu-ray receipt.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:10 PM

I read it has to be a store receipt from a register so people are saying Amazon orders are not allowed which annoys me.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiK View Post
not worth the trouble.
I feel the same way. I'll just trade in my Rock Criterion dvd and a couple of other dvds and get the Blu-ray version for no cost.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear31 View Post
I read it has to be a store receipt from a register so people are saying Amazon orders are not allowed which annoys me.
I read it too, can anybody confirm whether this is true?