Profile 1.1 Re-Releases? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-07-2008, 06:33 PM

Question Profile 1.1 Re-Releases?

Okay so doing my research since my PS3 will be ordered by the end of the month, so I'm reading through reviews on Disc, amazon reviewers haven't been too kind to the discs I've been looking a Quality Wise.

So anyway... saw The Descent on the review list and I promised myself I wouldn't double dip but with the PQ and Audio score I feel I just gotta. The only thing that worries me is the simulated HDi type experience, I liked the fact that on HD-DVD you could turn the PiP commentary off and on at any time...

So what I gotta ask is, do you think there will be any planned re-releases in the near future where the studios have 'simulated' the pip experience?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 PM

We would have to wait for announcements. You would see them on the front page if they were announced. My thoughts? Yes. Almost every movie comes out with the 'must have super ultra deluxe collector edition' at sometime. By that point it would be standard.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:21 PM

I'm sure Fox has it on their docket to re-release every single title they're issued so far. That's just their nature, and they'll take any excuse they can get. Count on Starz/Anchor Bay to churn out 10 or 20 new editions of Evil Dead 2 and Halloween as well.

Other studios, probably unlikely.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM

I predict The Simpsons movie with all those delted scenes they kept talking abotu in the commentary, Live Free of Die Hard unrated, Halloween with the colors correct (and they aren't going to do exchanges) and probably rereleases of all those bare-bones Sony discs with ports of DVD special features. Plus, we've only had one version of Terminator 2. It's not a real home video format until we get at least two more.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 AM

Yeah but my concern is the time frame in which this will happen, will they slow down release schedules so they can author re-releases etc etc?

But The Descent definately seems like a must have... being a horror fan, this is the best bit of going purple for me despite the plethora of MTV Generation PG-13 Horrors.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:33 AM

My question is... what is the difference between 1.1, and 2.0. And why hasn't blu just done any of this from the start? And if their is a 2.5 or 3.0.. Does that render this batch of players obsolete? Do these new "versions" of BR disc play on any player?

And yes I am being serious.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Sevens View Post
I predict The Simpsons movie with all those delted scenes they kept talking abotu in the commentary
Probably not, because if you follow the DVD commentaries of the TV series, they pretty much say the same things and none of that content ever appears. In fact a lot of it is never even animated or heard of again past the writers/cast table read.

The Simpsons Movie BD / DVD has the same amount of extras as a Season set, of course the Season set will have more since it is for individual episodes.

Gracie Films aren't the type to do it, and yes, even they have more control of The Simpsons over Fox.

True Simpsons fans know this already, the real bread and butter extra in all the DVD boxsets and the movie is the cast commentary.