'Rent' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-07-2008, 12:11 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Rent' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Peter's review of 'Rent.' He was disappointed by the movie itself, but as a Blu-ray release he says this one's quite strong, boasting a great transfer, good soundtrack and terrific extras.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1170/rent.html
Old 01-07-2008, 04:59 AM

Thank you for the info about the audio Peter. I was really disappointed hearing the sound design wasn't bombastic.
I would like to disagree about the song choices. If they were contemporary this Musical might not touch me as much as it did and I would probably find the music to be crap.
Don't you find most of the mainstream music they play on radio now to be garbage? I know I do.
I maybe could see your point about youth but I was happy they had what I thought was all the original cast because that's how I'd prefer to see it. What about Angel? New or original because I felt he was quite good.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 AM

Thanks Peter. Can I have your copy though? My birthday waas the 3rd
Old 01-07-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
I maybe could see your point about youth but I was happy they had what I thought was all the original cast because that's how I'd prefer to see it. What about Angel? New or original because I felt he was quite good.
Angel was the original, Wilson Jermaine Heredia. The only two principals recast for the movie were Mimi (Rosario Dawson) and Joanne (Tracie Thoms).

The age of the actors didn't present a problem for me at all; I actually loved the movie, and I've been waiting for a review of the BD release. This will be one of the first discs I buy if I go Blu.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:32 AM

Oooo oooo ooo Glad I'm goin Purple now...

Take me baby, or leaaaaveeeee meeeeeeee

The TANGO MAUREEN, it's a dark dizzy merry go round...
Old 01-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Former Member

I'm watching this for the first time right now, and I'm ashamed to say I keep hoping to hear the "Everyone has AIDS!" song from Team America instead of the music being played. Sadly, I'm not just saying that to get people pissed...the lyrics are just subpar
Old 01-26-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
I'm watching this for the first time right now, and I'm ashamed to say I keep hoping to hear the "Everyone has AIDS!" song from Team America instead of the music being played. Sadly, I'm not just saying that to get people pissed...the lyrics are just subpar
Shame on you the music is good. Shame! Shame! Shame!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:13 PM

Still waiting for it to arrive... desperately want to watch this in HD... and the docu

Went to see it earlier this month in london before a ummm gig at the O2 arena...

Stage show was VERY different from what I expected but then again Jessie Wallace from Eastenders was the lead... she was quite good but totally tried to rip off Idina Menzel

Guess who it is yet?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:25 PM

It ARRIVED!!!!

Although What's with the LOW quality screen caps on the back of the case?