Disney shipping fixed Black Pearl Discs?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2008, 08:59 PM

Default Disney shipping fixed Black Pearl Discs??

Today I picked up all 3 Pirates at TRU and decided to pop in Black Pearl to see the framing problems for myself.

I didn't see them... I got to the part where Norrington is standing over Jack and you can see him fully; his head isn't cut off like in the picture from the original framing problem thread. It looks like I may have one of the fixed discs... It seems like Disney is shipping them to retail now.

I watched the scenes on my PS3 running through HDMI @ 720p.

Anyone else who has just recently purchased it also got the corrected disc?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:53 PM

I recently made the big jump last December to Blu-Ray after sitting on the fence since this whole format war fiasco thing began. One of the first movies I got was Curse of the Black Pearl (I think it was actually New Year's Eve that I got it).

After watching it, I didn't notice anything wrong with it, so I'm hoping it's one of the corrected ones. Still, is there any official word that it is? They should label the corrected ones or something....
Old 01-06-2008, 10:40 PM

I just ordered a copy from amazon...I hope it's the fixed version.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows V View Post
I recently made the big jump last December to Blu-Ray after sitting on the fence since this whole format war fiasco thing began. One of the first movies I got was Curse of the Black Pearl (I think it was actually New Year's Eve that I got it).

After watching it, I didn't notice anything wrong with it, so I'm hoping it's one of the corrected ones. Still, is there any official word that it is? They should label the corrected ones or something....
To make sure yours is the corrected version, check out the scenes with Norrington after Jack and Will fight. If you don't see Norrington's head then you have the incorrect version.

It doesn't matter anyway if you have the incorrect version since all you have to do is call Disney with the number on the disc (or email them) and they will send you the replacement. =)
Old 01-07-2008, 05:51 PM

I don't know what happened to the original thread about this topic but I got an email today from Disney and now they are apparently asking for the old disc back.
They received my email and they are sending a postage paid envelope to me for me to return the bad disc. They will in turn send out the corrected one.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:55 PM

I sent them an email early in December and still haven't gotten an email from them yet. When I called to follow-up, the lady on the phone said they would be in touch shortly. Still waiting...
Old 01-07-2008, 06:00 PM

do they send fixed copies overseas as well? i bought mine a few months ago through ebay so i haven't got any receipt or something.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 PM

I filled out the form on their site 2 weeks ago and have not even gotten a confirmation. Will be calling them tonight.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 PM

Does have that link again???
Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 AM

i got my disc in the mail on the 8th