Superman 2 will not play. Please help! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 02:12 AM

Default Superman 2 will not play. Please help!

I Just recive superman 2 the richard donner cut from netflix. I Have the sony BDP-S300 player and i can not get this disc to work. I Even updated the player to the new firmware. Still will not play. It also would not play on the old firmware. I Put the disc in and it comes up saying no play. can anyone help me with this. I really want to see this movie. it is a warner brothers disc. thanks!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I know this is a silly reply but I would check the logo on the disc to make sure they didn't mistakingly send you the HD DVD version
Old 01-05-2008, 02:30 AM

Once it would not play i looked for the blue-ray logo. It does say blue-ray.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:47 AM

I don't know if this is YOUR problem, but my problem is I have the BH100 LG dual player and they will never be able to fix POTC2 liar's dice game where I can play it. Currently, I can't watch 'The Condemned' either which was not released recently. I have updated firmware from November. It still won't play. If you look at my past posts I complain numerous times about these blu-rays copyrighted (BD+) possibly making it where some blu-rays won't ever play or don't until the hardware/software collaberate more to get these problems fixed. So does this mean that some blu-rays won't be playable on some hardware in the future? I don't know, but would contact your hardware manufacturer about this or maybe going a little faster... call out to your fellow bretheren that might have the same piece of hardware and see if they had a problem with same title. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I don't know if this is YOUR problem, but my problem is I have the BH100 LG dual player and they will never be able to fix POTC2 liar's dice game where I can play it. Currently, I can't watch 'The Condemned' either which was not released recently. I have updated firmware from November. It still won't play. If you look at my past posts I complain numerous times about these blu-rays copyrighted (BD+) possibly making it where some blu-rays won't ever play or don't until the hardware/software collaberate more to get these problems fixed. So does this mean that some blu-rays won't be playable on some hardware in the future? I don't know, but would contact your hardware manufacturer about this or maybe going a little faster... call out to your fellow bretheren that might have the same piece of hardware and see if they had a problem with same title. Good luck.
aka - YOUR SCREWED
Old 01-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
aka - YOUR SCREWED
chances are the disc is bad. I'd at least report it as a bad disc and have Netflix send out another copy. If that disc doesn't work than we can start blaming the player. This disc came about a year before BD+ so that is def not the issue.