Any idea if 'Stargate: The Ark of Truth' will be released on BD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 10:31 AM

Default Any idea if 'Stargate: The Ark of Truth' will be released on BD?

Any idea if 'Stargate: The Ark of Truth' will be released on BD?

It is an MGM property, broadcasts in HD on SciFi, seems like an easy port.

Any one have any insight?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:37 AM

I just want it in HD. I hope they offer it in HD on Xbox Live like they did with the Babylon5 movie last year. That title was also available only on DVD, and Xbox Live was the only place I could watch it in HD.

And if it doesn't come out in the US on one of the formats, maybe it will be available as an import. I know Season 9 of Stargate SG1 is coming out in HD on the HD DVD format next month in Europe(I'm not sure what country, I think it was France Amazon that I ordered it from)
Old 01-04-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I just want it in HD. I hope they offer it in HD on Xbox Live like they did with the Babylon5 movie last year. That title was also available only on DVD, and Xbox Live was the only place I could watch it in HD.

And if it doesn't come out in the US on one of the formats, maybe it will be available as an import. I know Season 9 of Stargate SG1 is coming out in HD on the HD DVD format next month in Europe(I'm not sure what country, I think it was France Amazon that I ordered it from)
Not the answer I was hoping for, since I don't have an XBox but.....THANK YOU just the same.

I saw the complete SG1 series being released, is that set for HD-DVD in another market?

I don't have an XBox but I do have an A20
Old 01-04-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Not the answer I was hoping for, since I don't have an XBox but.....THANK YOU just the same.

I saw the complete SG1 series being released, is that set for HD-DVD in another market?

I don't have an XBox but I do have an A20
It's just seaosn 9 that is being released on HD DVD. It must be France since it was amazon France that I preordered it from. It's set for release on February 27th.

if the SG1 movies comes out in the US in any format in HD I will definitely be getting it!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
It's just seaosn 9 that is being released on HD DVD. It must be France since it was amazon France that I preordered it from. It's set for release on February 27th.

if the SG1 movies comes out in the US in any format in HD I will definitely be getting it!
Me too

There is a second Stargate movie in production as well, StarGate Continuum
Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 AM

I thought MGM had worldwide distribution rights on SG1??

I did find the Amazon.fr entry for it, but can't post any links yet.

Weird thing is that I haven't heard any news about this until you mentioned it!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 AM

here is the France Amazon link

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0011YJPC8