'Queen Rock Montreal' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-02-2008, 12:25 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Queen Rock Montreal' - High-Def Digest review

Kenneth's review of 'Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid' is up. He says this Blu-ray is an easy recommend for any Queen fan, boasting an outstanding remastered video transfer, faithful LPCM and DTS HD audio tracks, and a great collection of supplements.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1044...smontreal.html
Old 01-02-2008, 12:40 PM

I agree totally. This is an amazing disc and highly recommended from me as well.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:21 PM

Nice.... buying it tonight probably.

Whether I get it in red or blue is a whole nother issue.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:22 AM

This Blu-Ray release was excellent. It wasn't frame-ish like the HD-DVD concerts I have. It disappointed me and that's another thing I hate about HD-DVD they do all their concerts and nature movies in 1080i. I dont know if that's what the frame-ish movements are caused by but it takes away from the "You're really in front of them and there" feeling. This one was completely smooth. Even though it was like 1981 when this was recorded. Excellently done. Nice and smooth frame movement, not choppy like the Chicago and Eagles HD-DVD's. Plus I love Queen too.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
Kenneth's review of 'Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid' is up. He says this Blu-ray is an easy recommend for any Queen fan, boasting an outstanding remastered video transfer, faithful LPCM and DTS HD audio tracks, and a great collection of supplements.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1044...smontreal.html
Ok, what's the difference between DTS (found on say, Apollo 13 DTS DVD) and the above disc?

DTS
DTS HD
DTS-HD MA

And is DTS HD the same as "DTS 96/24?"

Last edited by SuperBit; 05-14-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
This Blu-Ray release was excellent. It wasn't frame-ish like the HD-DVD concerts I have. It disappointed me and that's another thing I hate about HD-DVD they do all their concerts and nature movies in 1080i. I dont know if that's what the frame-ish movements are caused by but it takes away from the "You're really in front of them and there" feeling. This one was completely smooth. Even though it was like 1981 when this was recorded. Excellently done. Nice and smooth frame movement, not choppy like the Chicago and Eagles HD-DVD's. Plus I love Queen too.
Not all of them are 1080i. The Queen HDDVD is identical to the BD. They are both 1080p, and this one couldn't be smoother. This is probably because it was pulled from film, and not shot recently with 1080i cameras like many of they others. Although I have not seen the other 2 HDDVDs that you mentioned.
I do also have Nine Inch Nails and Alice Cooper on HDDVD, and they are both 1080i, BUT they are the same on BD, so its not the format, it's just the way it was shot.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:29 PM

i still would recommend this release...just because it's some of the greatest music ever. It's also very entertaining to watch how Freddie progressively gets more and more naked as he performs. He's awesome.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:18 AM

Just a quick correction. The review says the DTS 5.1 track is 1.5Mbps. My PS3 tells me that it's 3.0Mbps.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM

Concur this is a must have for classic rocks fans
One of the first and best.
Queen rock and it is amazing to see and hear Freddie hit all those notes live.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:58 PM

Haha I have 3 Queen concerts on dvd and most of them sound horrible but I don't care cuz I love queen, they're my favorite band ever.

Freddie is amazing. I completely forgot this blu existed until somebody bumped the topic up. im gonna have to get it now