Ratatoulle? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-01-2008, 02:12 PM

Default Ratatoulle?

I am seriously debating whether I should buy this movie. I bought Happy Feet because everyone said it was such a good movie, I completely despised it. I would give it a one star movie rating with a five star transfer. I bought Hairspray because everyone says it was so good, I would give that a three star movie rating and a five star picture quality. I regret purchasing both. I don't want the same thing to happen with Ratatoulle, I have seen all of the Pixar movies except for Ratatoulle, Meet the Robinsons, and Cars, and I enjoyed them. Now after what I have said would you still say this is a "must own"?
Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

Hairspray is one of those movies that I don't understand why any normal, heterosexual male would be interested in.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:26 PM

Well you could try renting it first or watch it on standard dvd to see if its your cup of tea.
Then in a few months time get it on blu ray if you think there is a re watch value.
Or wait for a bogof and throw it in on something you want.

I got the rat on dvd but have refrained from watching it un till the blu ray is released here in the uk in February
Old 01-01-2008, 02:29 PM

i have hd dvd and blu ray and so far Ratatouille has the best sound and picture quality i've heard so far!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Well, if you did not care for Hairspray or Happy Feet, you will definitely not like Ratatouille. I loved all three so I can tell you must enjoy a different kind of movie.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
Hairspray is one of those movies that I don't understand why any normal, heterosexual male would be interested in.
How about a MARRIED normal heterosexual male with teenage daughters?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
I own HairSpray(though I may sell or trade it in the future for shoot em up due to not having much cash at the moment) and I am a normal Hetrosexual male musicals usually are not my cup of tea but for this one the cast worked well and thats why I think I liked it. As for ratatoullie get it it was one of the best of the year and one of pixars best as well

Last edited by StoogeFan1118; 01-01-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:09 PM

GamerguyX, I'm a heterosexual male and I loved Hairspray. It's a wonderful movie and the musical numbers are terrific. It is possible for somebody who is straight to enjoy musicals, you know.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:49 PM

Meet the Robinsons isn't a pixar film.

I really like ratatoullie, but then I'm a pixar freak.

Not seen hairspray, but I was disappointed with happy feet...

Is there no one you can borrow a copy ratatoullie from, or rent it (even SD) just to see if you like it?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:51 PM

I don't care about PQ and AQ I already check on that, I just wanna know if the actual movie is as good as people say it is.