'SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers: The Next' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers: The Next' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Kenneth's review of the 40-minute anime feature, 'SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers: The Next.' He quite enjoyed the film itself, and says this Blu-ray release from Bandai Visual is excellent, boasting an eye-popping video transfer and an extraordinary TrueHD audio track.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1178...rsthenext.html
Old 12-31-2007, 03:37 AM

I really want this one, but I can't find it for sale at a reasonable price. I think that 39.99 MSRP you guys have listed might be wrong, because everywhere else I see has it at 64.99.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAndonuts View Post
I really want this one, but I can't find it for sale at a reasonable price. I think that 39.99 MSRP you guys have listed might be wrong, because everywhere else I see has it at 64.99.
64.99?!? And it's only 40 minutes isn't it? Damn..
Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 AM

Quote:
As an added bonus, unlike other Bandai Visual high-def releases, this one even comes with a more reasonable price tag.
No way. I don't care how good it is, 39.95 msrp for a 40 minute Blu-Ray is not worth it at all. The absolute least I find acceptable for an anime is a 3 episode, 75 minute disc. Even then I'm not happy, but will buy it if I really like the anime.

I know anime is typically pricier than anything else, but this is just ridiculous. If this really is comparatively cheap for Bandai, then count me out for any of their Blu-Ray releases.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:20 AM
Banned

The review got the MSRP wrong.. DVD Empire is charging an arm and a leg for this, at least you can get it for $48.74 through Anime Castle. It's still steep as hell, but with this 5-star review I ordered it anyways. You can't even find this one in the stores so I'm guessing it's going to be pretty rare.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 AM

64.99?! That's beyond ridiculous. If that's true, I would question the sanity of anyone who actually buys this, unless you're some rich guy with money to burn.

I'd love to see more anime on Blu-Ray, but I can't support something like this. Just like I refused to buy Hellsing Ultimate since they were releasing single episode discs that ran under an hour, yet were charging the same price as every other anime dvd. (and I'm especially glad now since Geneon shut down and won't be releasing the rest of it anyway)
Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorheadache View Post
64.99?! That's beyond ridiculous. If that's true, I would question the sanity of anyone who actually buys this, unless you're some rich guy with money to burn.

I'd love to see more anime on Blu-Ray, but I can't support something like this. Just like I refused to buy Hellsing Ultimate since they were releasing single episode discs that ran under an hour, yet were charging the same price as every other anime dvd. (and I'm especially glad now since Geneon shut down and won't be releasing the rest of it anyway)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We need more Hellsing.Just d/l them or rent and dupe them if they cost too much.
This is disturbing news indeed.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:27 AM

looks interesting but the high price is just a turn off. i hope there are some good deals for this title soon. totally outrageous pricing. reminds me of the time when anime first went to DVD and the prices were ridiculous back then as well.

i haven't purchased any anime in HD due to their prices...
Old 12-31-2007, 09:15 AM

I couldn't find this title on Netflix. Do they have this for rent or not? Anybody?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 AM

$1+ a min, no way!! i will rent the dvd version and upconvert for a 4 pq instead.......